Big Wreck

by troucul 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• troucul
    troucul

What ever happened to them? I'm a fan of Boston bands, (Aerosmith has gone too commercial for my taste) but would love to see these guys put out another one. I heard they got screwed over in their record deal, therefore could not continue because of the cost. Oh well, another band just like Living Colour (remember 'Cult of Personality'?). Corey Glover was/is a great guitarist.

• Confession
    Confession

I do remember Living Colour, Troucul. I really thought they'd last longer than they did. I was working in rock radio at the time, and in the middle of all those hair bands, it was refreshing to see something different: black dudes playing rock & roll that was heavy on guitar--almost heavy metal, but with a little funk thrown in.

• troucul
    troucul

It's weird, but that's part of what turned me on to them. To see a bunch of black guys jamming away ten times better than the buttrockers of the 80's really took me back. And they had a message to boot. All I could say is 'wow'. A little lesson learned to a white boy growing up in a white rural town.

• Twitch
    Twitch

LOL

I saw Big Wreck a few times when they were touring. Awesome show, loud and heavy. Ian Thornley does know how to front a band. He started his own project Thornley after poor sales of the 2nd CD.

Living Colour eh? remember "Funny Bone"? all funked up. Corey Glover could belt it out with the best of 'em. Takes me back, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit