Anyone thought of this?

by wozadummy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

When one of the 144K dies they are spoken of , especially in JW literature ,as having finished their earthly course

Why don't they say they've gone to heaven? Could it be that they don't want to commit to saying this in case it is later found that the person has committed a serious sin they did'nt confess to while alive? Does this show how little confidence and suspicion they have of each other ,or have they concluded that it would be prudent to say it this way after consulting the WTS lawyers?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Finished their earthly course refers to death, yes. It also implies that they died faithful at the end of it, just as Jesus finished his earthly course. Next stop? Heaven of course. More hocus pocus from the boys who brought you "The end of the world in 1925" and built a house in sunny San Diego and gave it to Abraham and a few others. Where can I sign up again? NOT.

W.Once

• Terry
    Terry

Okay, let's be honest, shall we?

If Jesus is choosing his bride his judgement is in question. Why?

The bride he selects because of their qualifications of faithfulness, honesty, unblemished service, etc. right?

But, the number never decreases because, obviously, these bride-selected persons die UNQUALIFIED. Why else would the number never diminsh over the hundred + years of preaching and teaching from door to door?

Jesus just can't get his selection process down to an honest judgement!

That's the only conclusion we can have---unless you want to abandon this silly doctrine altogether.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thanks for the comment Terry

For many years I could'nt understand why the number never decreased ,and I guess that was one of those things I filed away for a rethink later when questioning everything they teach. It's amazing how the way and what they teach seems so plausible , for a while, then when you run the numbers it all crashes, and I guess what keeps the bullshit all together is the language they use as I stated in my first post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit