Got back from my Uncles..haven't seen for 20 years. Best Reunion EVER

by FreedomFrog 4 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

We had a blast. He's just like I remember as a kids only older. He was the Uncle that made sure we always had fun. He gave me 2 CD's full of my family backgound. It was very interesting to learn more about my roots. We had lots of Native American culture and customs that I had no clue we had. I think (and so does my Uncle) feel that's why I was pulled into my spirituality as I am now. My customs felt right..felt home. Anyway, just wanted to update you all on our family reunion. I have more family here in Columbus that I didn't even know I had..family that are immediate..not "distance" such as Aunts, Cousins, Uncles...WOW!!!!

This has been the perfect Holiday for me and my family. Zach LOVED it there. He didn't want to go..hehe.

~Froggy~

• juni
    juni

Happy for you Froggy. Of what American Indian tribe are your roots? That's a "golden" gift those CDs .

Juni

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats wonderful news! i'm glad you had such a great reunion.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Appearently we are from Iroquoian tribe. I've never heard of such tribe until I talked with my Uncle. I went home and looked it up and Lake Erie was named after that tribe which Lake Erie isn't that far from me. I have a lot more to research on but from what I gather Erie means "panther". I find it interesting that my "animal guide" is cougar that I found 2 years ago. I'm not sure if that just happened by chance or what, just thought it was interesting. I have picture of my family plowing their fields with those old plowers..not tractors..hehe. One of the customs my Uncle said that was being past down to us is that there are 7 wells that was made here in Ohio by one of the tribes. As the story goes, if a person drank from all 7 (because of having certain metals in them) it gave them a spiritual...hmmm, can't think of the right word...maybe spiritual "vision". Anyway, they are 13in X 13in cut out in the rock and all in Ohio. I remember one on my grandfather's land where we always got our water. He'd always say.."little skeeter (that was my name he'd call me) this is a very special well". Of course I didn't know what he meant. I thought he was referring to it being a natural spring. Anyway, my Uncle found 4 of the wells and is going to show me and I'm taking him to the other well so we'll have 2 more to find.

I've got lots of research now..hehe

• juni
    juni

That sounds like fun FF! Sort of like a "treasure" hunt.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit