Any New Year Resolutions yet? (only those you really plan to keep)

by thecarpenter 6 Replies latest jw friends

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well, the new year is approaching soon, was wondering if you folks have set any goals?

I have several goals which I put off for a long time but will finally pursue this year.

• One is to get my scuba diver license. I plan on going away on spring break to some island for a week (haven't chose the island yet)

• plan to go skydiving in the summer at least one time (I hope I don't s**t in my pants)

• I plan to pursue spiritual things more such as gently sprinkle anti-jdub material (nothing nasty but more thought provoking) around my local, got some ideas from some friends of mine, maybe some anonymous emails to all the witnesses I know. I will probably count the time freeing people from cult mind control.

• Attend more yahoo ex-jw groups - I already belong to one and plan to check one out in Connecticut in a few weeks. Also look into attending another apostafest this year, maybe two.

Any personal and spiritual goals? If I like your goal, I may make it one of my own...

• Mulan
    Mulan

same one every year................lose weight

I have another too, but not going to tell.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Make a new life and move away No jw's or their cultist ideologies just find beauty and QUIT SMOKING

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm going to publish my story book and poetry book this year. Even if it kills me.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I have only one......

I resolve to not make any new years resolutions.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

hey abandoned, do you mean a childrens story book or a life story? And are you going to publish it or try to have it published by a outside publisher? (have you been published before?) I always wanted to write a book... 'the carpenter's guide to life' or something like that... the first thing I would say is don't join a cult...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    same one every year................lose weight

Good to hear I'm not the only one who makes that goal. This year is different though.

I really want to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancies as we would like to have another one. To do that, I need to lose the weight. And I figure it's going to take a while to do so, so start fresh at the new year. Then by the first of next year, we might start trying.

I'm going to publish my story book and poetry book this year. Even if it kills me.

Abandoned: Please keep us posted!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit