A Vivid J-W Dream

by truthsearcher 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Last night I had a very moving dream. I had placed an ad in the newspaper, inviting any ex-JWs who would like some support and friendship to come to my house. When I entered the living room it had grown larger and was packed with people. They told me they thought they were alone in their situation.

One group was mingling, one was sad and depressed just sitting, another group became violent and started breaking things, another group told me they were still in the org and trying to get others out.

I asked if anyone wanted to meet regularly for Bible study and friendship. Some said yes, others said they had abandoned God.

When I awoke, I was emotionally moved, and Jesus's story about the king inviting the lame and helpless to his banquet was in my mind. I must say that your stories have affected me deeply. I am overwhelmed that a group that claims to represent Jehovah and follow the Bible could treat others so. Please feel my love and concern for you! I must be spending too much time on this board.

TS

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

When I visit the Watchtower of my dreams, I picture this enormous, derelict mansion, standing forlorn and grim, with an eerie wind blowing through its neglected and decaying tapestries.

And as I walk slowly through its many abandoned recesses, pondering its sad fate, I recall the happy times when I first dwelt there. It was a place of laughter, and constant, inoffensive chatter. Filled with people who were friends and relatives, running to and fro in merry and cheerful abandon, people moved by dreams of idealism, of hopes and schemes. I recall mostly the children, happy in their innocence, and feeling secure and at peace because of their congenial enviornment.

But most of all I recall the trust. Trust in a promise solemnly bestowed by a benign father figure. A father figure who eventually turned into a secretive, furtive monster, exploiting mecelessly that trust.

I recall the trust betrayed, the blatantly unrepentant arrogance of deceit, the final exposure of a mirage, and the final exodus out of this beautiful mansion that held such beautiful memories.

And I wonder, in sadness, as I contiue my ponderings, where? Where did they all go? Especially the children. Was their innocence shattered by doubt? or hate? or synicism?

The sad legacy of putting trust in an arrogant self serving bunch of exploiters. A legacy that will be brought to account. Someday.

Cheers

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah! It sounds like quite a dream and I'm glad that my class made an appearance. *hushed tones* "sinner..."

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Interesting.

I've only dreamt once or twice about JW stuff since leaving.
    I vaguely recall dreaming something about attending a convention and seeing some people I haven't seen for a long time. The main memory I have of that dream is that I was there as an "unbeliever" now. It was wonderful not to fear their ludicrous judgementality but to live happily regardless of their inflated and destructive opinions.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I'm actually surprised that more of you aren't having nightmares about the WT, given your experieces and the pain it has caused in your lives. I think my dream arose because of my desire to help the JWs get out of the org, and the fact that I often study their doctrine for errors before I go to sleep. I'm actually surprised I have had only one disturbing dream so far!

• elinor
    elinor

I admit I have had nightmares because of the WT. Most particularly during childhood, there was this one dream during which I am in my parents' home and being chased by demons. I knew they were demons and I kept screaming out Jehovah's name. When I was a teenager I would be in that time between waking up and asleep (I have no idea what stage of sleep they call it) and I remember being unable to move or turn my head, only I really didn't want to turn my head because I knew that there was a demon behind me. I'm only now beginning to see how the WT uses 'demonic activity' to instill fear in young people and exploit it later on to keep them prisoner in the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit