Saudi Arabia sentences another "apostate to death

by BU2B 3 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/11431509/Saudi-Arabia-court-gives-death-penalty-to-man-who-renounced-his-Muslim-faith.html

I know the GB would love to have the power to do the same to us. It disgusts me that Britain and other western lands lowered its flags to half mast for the death of the king of this theocratic tyrannical state, all while condemning the likes of Hugo Chavez and Muamar Gaddafi who were secular leaders who at least recognized womens rights, and never did anything as repulsive as killing someone for changing their religion.

Why is there never any outcry from the west over the ONLY country left in the world who does not allow women to drive, allows virtual slaves, and where women cannot appear in public without a guardian or permission slip. The hypocritical ironies are amazing.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's the Golden Rule; "He with the Gold, makes the Rules."

Saudi Arabia is oil producer #1. Everyone kisses their asses and let's them get away with murder in order to stay in their good graces and favour so that they can get oil. It's all about the black gold. If not for the oil, Saudi Arabia would still be living in the dark ages like Afghanistan, instead of driving gold-plated Bentley's.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    I agree to a point wing commander, but didnt Iraq have oil too? Did it stop the west from condeming and villifying their leader, cheering when he was lynched?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "...the GB would love to have the power to do the same to us..."

Always important to remember.

And for the naysayers, I say this: if the WTS were (inexplicably) given control of a small country, I guarantee you that within a decade, representative democracy and religious freedom would be nonexistent, any kind of alternative expressions of sexuality would be outlawed, creationism would be mandated in schools, DFed individuals would stripped of citizenship and imprisoned and/or deported, and "apostates" would absolutely be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either naïve or simply lying to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit