The Prophet's Censors...

by Justice-One 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I'm thinking about taping this to the front door of the Kindom Hall. What do you think? And then making a "pooper poster" out of it.

"For the first time in my life, I'm reading things, which have not been approved by the Prophet's censors, (aka the Governing Body) and the impact on my mind is devastating. Sometimes I glance over my shoulder to see who might be watching me, frightened in spite of myself. But I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy...censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to it's subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything---you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." --- Robert A. Heinlein

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Justice-One,

On a clear day you can see forever...... I too am feeling a new-found freedom and am grateful at long last to express myself. No details are necessary as most of us here are on the same wave length. I like the way you express yourself.

"Whoever has even once become notorious by base fraud, even if he speaks the truth, gains no belief." - Phaedrus, FABLES

Words such as "notorious", "base", and "fraud" should not even be uttered in the same breath as one's [once-] cherished faith. "Truth" is not what it used to be - in our hearts and minds.

CoCo

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That's an interesting quote. It's kind of funny. I'm no longer mad at the governing body. I have a lot of pity for them and the other jw. If you spend your whole life in "the truth," you may live eighty or ninety years without knowing true friendship. That's sad. So, while I'm upset that I was mislead and I'm upset that these guys are still misleading, I see that they are hurting themselves as well and that it's all a cause for sadness rather then anger.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    On a clear day you can see forever...... I too am feeling a new-found freedom and am grateful at long last to express myself. No details are necessary as most of us here are on the same wave length. I like the way you express yourself.

Thanks for the compliment. BTW, on a clear day it does seem like you can see forever. I live within a mile of the Pacific coast, and have seen it fogged in many times. I sometimes look at the fog (a fog so think you can stand on the beach and not see the water sometimes) and think to myself this is what my outlook on life was before I left "the truth." Now I can stand on the bluff's on a bright sunny day, and see "forever" in more ways than one.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    So, while I'm upset that I was mislead and I'm upset that these guys are still misleading, I see that they are hurting themselves as well and that it's all a cause for sadness rather then anger.

This is a good healthy way of looking at things. But it is hard for me to be this generous. I can tell you one thing....if I ever go to visit one of these fellows graves, what I leave there will not pass for flowers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit