Special Christmas Gifts (1 daughter, 3 nephews)

by Abaddon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

This Christmas is a special one.

First of all it'll be the first I've celebrated with my eldest daughter. She turned 16 this summer and moved to the Netherlands from the UK to live with me and my fiance. She is absolutely delighted with trees and tinsel and everything about it; her face when we went to the Christmas decorations department was a classic... she has her own tree in her bedroom and I swear it's about to go through the floor it has so many fricking decorations on it... talk about tinseltown...

It is also our first Christmas in our new house, which we moved to to make my daughter's move possible.

And finally, over the past few weeks I have learnt that three of my nephews have told their parents they are not going to meetings any longer. They're all in their 20's and I've had virtually no contact with them in the past decade, so this was something they did on their own - a big step especially if you've grown up in a 3rd gen family of 14 Dubbies (previously I was the only 'black sheep'). It's early days and they have classic exit issues to deal with for the most part, but it obviously is one of the best Christmas presents I could ever possibly have. Maybe they'll get around to telling their stories here one day, one of them has lurked (and actually re-contacted me through this site)...

So here's to me and my fantastic fiance and darling daughters...

Here's to my nephews...

And here's to you all...

Have a fabulous Christmas!!!!

• Emma
    Emma

Wonderful! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you; may you have a joyous, fun, Merry Christmas!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Best Christmas presents ever. So happy for you.

• Clam
    Clam

Merry Christmas Abaddon. Glad things are going well for you and I hope they continue to.

It must be great spending Xmas in Holland. I've got close a couple of times: coming back to England on Christmas Eve. It's a cool place.

Cheers

Clam in Cornwall

• acsot
    acsot

That's wonderful, Abaddon ! Your daughter must be so happy - I gather it's the first Christmas for her?

Here's to Christmas !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Great news! I'll drink to that

• I quit!
    I quit!

What a wonderful Christmas story. It is nice to hear something positve like this at Christmastime.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Happy Christmas Abaddon and his Family! How wonderful to be with people you love. I hope all is well, and you are having a wonderful time with your dear daughter in your new home. Mine is that age-they go from lovable to difficult in the flash of an eye, don't they? You can let her know that there is a huge crowd of virtual people (who are real in real life!) who are rooting for your family, sending best wishes,hugs, positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Shelly

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thanks everyone!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It is always nice to hear some good news, hope things keep going in that direction for the rest of your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit