Kingdom Halls and windows

by Wendy_Warden 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

Why don't they have any?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

In Australia it seems much more prevalent for Kingdom Halls to have windows. I've never seen one without windows here.

There a couple of reasons why some may not have windows:

• It is easier to construct a prefabricated wall without windows.
    • Windows can be broken.
  • Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

We have them at our KH and not only do we have them, but for a long while the shades would be wide open for the meetings. I guess the elders fussed over this and decided to keep the shades drawn all of the time now - but there are about 15-20 windows in the hall.

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

I'm just curious because all the KH's in my area don't have windows in the main building (auditorim) but on the coat rooms they do. I just wondered why.

• blondie
    blondie

1) KHs cost less to build w/o windows and most if not all have AC and don't need windows for ventilation.

2) Insurance is less for buildings w/o windows

3) Older KHs that haven't been remodeled tend to have windows (see #1)

4) It cuts down on theft by not having windows.

5) It depends on the area; there are 12 KHs here, half have windows, half do not.

Blondie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

6) Nothing for the bored-to-death dubs to stare out of during the meetings.

• vitty
    vitty
    6) Nothing for the bored-to-death dubs to stare out of during the meetings.

Actually when I went to school, all the windows where high up so no one could look out of them. It was less distracting !

• aniron
    aniron
  • Windows can be broken.
  • Especially when all that persecution comes after they distributed that tract about "False Religion"

• unique1
    unique1

Our old hall had windows. I used to love to sit on the side and stare out them into a beautiful day. However, the elders deemed the open curtains to be a distraction from the program, so they started closing them. There went my escape. :-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit