Anyone Get a Wii?

by tall penguin 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Has anyone managed to get the new Nintendo Wii game system? My boyfriend and I have been trying for weeks. They're in high demand with low supply. The stores here get a few every week or so but it's all timing. You have to be there at the moment they arrive or you don't get one. The other night people were lined up outside the Toys'r'us for 15 hours just to get one. Only 12 people did. The others were greatly disappointed.

What's the situation like in your city?

tall penguin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Same thing here and in other places I've been to and happened to look for them. (Upstate NY and Philly area)

Last Saturday there was a huge line outside the Toys R' Us store for it as well but I'm not sure how many systems there were. I did find out though that the store was also getting a supply of "Baby Alive" and a couple other hot items that they can't keep on the shelf which added to the crazyness.

Kwin

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sold out in scotland in 15 mins..

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I saw some at the local Blockbuster. You could try there.

• Legolas
    Legolas

The 'low supply' is nothing but a marketing ploy.

Wait till January, then you will probably find the stores full and the price lower.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"I saw some at the local Blockbuster. You could try there."

Wow Chameleon. Where do you live?

"The 'low supply' is nothing but a marketing ploy.

Wait till January, then you will probably find the stores full and the price lower."

I keep telling my boyfriend that but he wants one ASAP. You know how it is. Boys and their toys. We're going to do a cross-border run next week and see what we can find.

tall penguin

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

No

But even I would like one and I don't really like computer games!

I think its the fact that you actually DO something other than twiddle your thumbs that's good and different about this console.

Pub

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I live in Southern California. Specifically, 10-20 min. away from Los Angeles county.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit