• Carmel
    Carmel

http://www.onecountry.org/e174/e17416as_World_is_Flat_Review.htm

Wonder how the Dubbies would spin this?

carmel

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Carmel,

Thank you for posting this enlightening article. It's not The Society's spin by any stretch of the imagination, but words from Freeminds (going faster) and George Orwell:

"Centralized control [WT] is made obsolete by an UNCONTROLLABLE source [Internet] of accurate information [let the reader use discernment]." - FM, gf

"In a time of universal deceit [WT lies], telling the truth [JWD and like dispensaries of fact] is a revolutionary act." - G.O.

[CC: emphasis and supplemental material]

Let the reader decide how the above applies in his quest for "the genuine article".

Compound-Complex

• fokyc
    fokyc

I have always known the earth was flat!

http://www.lhup.edu/~DSIMANEK/febible.htm

The Flat-Earth Bible

© 1987, 1995 by Robert J. Schadewald

Reprinted from The Bulletin of the Tychonian Society #44 (July 1987)

When I first became interested in the flat-earthers in the early 1970s, I was surprised to learn that flat-earthism in the English-speaking world is and always has been entirely based upon the Bible. I have since assembled and read an extensive collection of flat-earth literature. The Biblical arguments for flat-earthism that follow come mainly from my reading of flat-earth literature, augmented by my own reading of the Bible.

Except among Biblical inerrantists, it is generally agreed that the Bible describes an immovable earth. At the 1984 National Bible-Science Conference in Cleveland, geocentrist James N. Hanson told me there are hundreds of scriptures that suggest the earth is immovable. I suspect some must be a bit vague, but here are a few obvious texts:

1 Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable."

Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..."

Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

Suffice to say that the earth envisioned by flat-earthers is as immovable as any geocentrist could desire. Most (perhaps all) scriptures commonly cited by geocentrists have also been cited by flat-earthers. The flat-earth view is geocentricity with further restrictions.

fokyc

• Carmel
    Carmel

Foykc,

I think you may have missed the point...or is your tongue in your cheek?

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit