Using Time articles with Active JWs

by truthsearcher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

There is an interesting thread under Friends about various TIme articles over the years. Some are very revealing as far as dates and practices.

I would like to share these articles with some active JWs. Will they really read them and consider them to be non-apostate? We were discussing the Bible in Hebrews where it points to the old prophets having a Heavenly not earthly hope, so I am sure that subject will come up again...Anyone else have experience doing this?

TS

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

PS I see that I have just graduated from newbie to a jr. member, so I'd like to be the first to congratulate myself!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

congrats on making junior member.

it depends on what they read. if it's positive, they will relish it. if it's negative (which all the TIME articles i've read are), they will consider it persecution (and probably apostasy), even if to a minor degree.

you can't win a heart unless the heart wants to be won. (wow did i just coin a phrase or did i copy that from somewhere?!)

bethel

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I don't know if they will read them, but I forwarded them anyway...they haven't been bounced back.

lisa

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I don't know if they will read them, but I forwarded them anyway...they haven't been bounced back.

lisa

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe, maybe not.

It all depends on how deep they have been inculcated in the knowledge of the Faithless Decieving Slavers Jerhover.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I think its worth a try.

• Gopher
    Gopher

People believe what they want.

If the article is anything less than enthusiastic about the WT Society, the JW's will say "the media a part of Satan's wicked system".

If the article reads like a public-relations piece crafted by the WT Society, the JW's will say "Jehovah can control the media, isn't it a wonderful witness?" In reality, it's usually a reporter who didn't do their homework.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hmmm, I guess what I would like to know is: will they think that it is odd that I have found Time artiles on them, ie that I am searching for material against them, because if I wanted to do that, I could find some true apostate stuff...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit