12.06 KM and the "spirtual banquet" served by Jehovah

by rassillon 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rassillon
    rassillon

In concert with the previous post about the Revelation book changes (and changes in general) I would like to add a few comments and reasoning points from the December 2006 Our Kingdom Ministry.

(First) On page 1 under the heading "Do Not Lose the Love You Had at First" paragraph 2 states: Personal study and Meeting Attendance: What caused us to develop love for God and neighbor when we first learned the truth? Was it not all that we learned about Jehovah from our study of the Scriptures? (1 John 4:16, 19) Therefore, so that our love "may abound yet more and more," we must continue taking in accurate knowledge, digging into "the deep things of God." - Phil. 1:9-11; 1Cor. 2:10.

(Second) On Page 3 the insert entitled '2007 "Follow the Christ!" District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses' paragraph 3 states in part : "Jehovah provides an abundance of spiritual food for his people." AND "This includes the spiritual banquet served at out annual conventions."

Now my question for the WTS is this

At all of those meetings and conventions where things were stated that are no longer "current truths", WHO provided these, Jehovah OR Man?

If it was man, how are we to determine if what is being preached now is from Jehovah OR from Man?

If it was from Jehovah, why did Jehovah give us in-accurate knowledge?

If you feel like I am running ahead of Jehovah's Organization I would like to say that I feel YOU WTB&TS are running ahead of Jehovah and I am instead just hanging back with Him!

-r

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

r:

They'll use the "light getting brighter" defence. Of course, they ignore the fact that even with something seen dimly and then coming clearer into view, it's the same object that is seen, not something different.

And that was the case with the (in)convenient scripture they like to use.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Thanks Rassilon [you have'nt got his sash, by the way have you?] for that timely reminder of whats in the latest KM. The WT leadership must really be in dread of losing their membership since they constantly keep bringing up this issue of renewed awareness of the WTS and its authority, to keep the R&F on hanging on.

Nice point they bring out about 1Jo4:16. I don't mean the text, I mean the "spin" they put on the text, without actually quoting it. Their way of looking at this text is to state, quite categorically, I might add, that it is through the study of WT literature and meeting attendace that we first learned to gain a love for j.hoofer. Hmmmmm... I wonder where the text says, or even remotely implies this.

Apart from the fact that 1Jo 4 is applied to "anointed" Christians exclusively, [vs 7 calls them "born of God"] nowhere is either the words "study" or "meeting attendance" mentioned. However something indeed is mentioned. By simply reading the preceeding verse we realize what this is. Confession.[ Publicly saying "I believe"] Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, [not a son of God] will find that God enters his/her life and actually in-dwells him/her [1Jo 4:15]

The sad part about the WTS is that they teach that loving God is a natural process that can be wrought simply by certain physical acts like study, filling out a door-to-door report, meeting attendance and so on. Unfortunately it is not so. As 1Jo 4:15 shows, it is in fact a supernatural process.

Just as a simple act like saying "I do" publicly, enables one to have a privilged relationship with a partner involving the deepest of intimacy, so, simply saying to anyone listening, "I believe" is sufficient to have a deep and in-dwelling relationship with Deity. That is all that John is saying.

You don't have to say it a thousand times, you don't have to go d-t-d saying it, and you dont even have to say "I have studied so much that I understand" You don't have to go to any particular church. Nope. None of these things are mentioned in that verse.

God's plan of salvation is so simple, yet it is so enduring and deep, that the only reason it escapes many [like the WTS] is because someone has blinded their eyes [2 Cor 4:4] This way of salvation is in fact the "deep things" of God.

So much more fascinating to follow prophetic speculation, and to be in awe of a self serving bunch of arrogant jerks whose knowledge of the "deep things" of God is questionable to say the least.

Thanks again

Cheers

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

The WTS has very convenient excuses for changing their views. The last time I checked, God has NEVER changed his mind about anything HE wrote through his prophets in the Hebrew Scriptures. The WTS on the other hand, feels that it is within their 'duty' to change things as they see fit, regardless of the lives they ruin in the process. How many people haven't been DF'd over policies they didn't agree with, and now the WTS does a complete 360 on these same issues?

By the way, does the WTS still have a ban on "The Twist"? In case anyone hasn't noticed, Merengue and Salsa dancing are FAR more sensual than The Twist, yet neither of these are banned. So can I throw on some Chubby Checker records or what?

• rassillon
    rassillon

Yes, OZ I have used the same reasoning....It's a man, most definatly it a man...wait it's a cat, yes yes it is most definatly a cat.....ok we are absolutly positive it is a plane, as true as if from Gods own mouth it is a plane or a mole or an acorn. The prophecy is about an acorn the spirit told us so.

Even though the scripture about the light getting brighter has nothing to do with prophecy being revealed.

If you attack them on all sides at the same time you can make them squirm like the apostate worms they are.

How do you know you represent god? We were chosen.

Why were you chosen? We were teaching bible truthes.

All the stuff you taught at that time have been changed except for things that others were teaching at the same time so what makes you different? They are part of Babylon the Great.

They weren't made so until after you claim that God chose you...and God hates a cheating scales and weights. So did God choose you and condemn them even though you were the same? No No No ...you see they taught the trinity.

And you taught that the leviathian was a locomotive, what is that scripture about accurate knowledge....So just exactly how were you different? We fortold 1914 to be the end of the Gentile Times....

You really have no idea what you fortold, have you ever read the actual articles which you claim fortold these things and see what they REALLY fortold? Well, no, but I have seen the quotes from them.

I can't believe I was such a tard

MOG....you know of whom I speak...you should know I don't have it....the damn doctor keeps stealing it from me. Unless I actually am the Doctor.

Yeah they just like El Satano have a short period of time left......you know I just had a thought.....maybe when satan was cast down he did the most dasterdly thing he could think, he took over Jah's organization by posessing JF Rutheturd. WOW I am a prophet!

SANT....yeah, I have to put on my tight bike riding underwear for salsa e merengue otherwise my excitement becomes noticable when dancing with the right woman. So go ahead and twist agian like you did last summer.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Merengue and Salsa dancing are FAR more sensual than The Twist

That's funny. Go to any Spanish congo get-together and everyone's dancing salsa & merengue. That's the one saving grace of those JW get-togethers.

That appeal to returning to the "first love" you had with the org is funny, since it's such a typical plea in so many social contexts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit