Anyone sending holiday cards to JWs?

by merfi 6 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

Mine are all addressed and ready to go. They're just simple ones with a short verse about happiness during the season and signed by me. Nothing extra. But I'm not sure if I'll do it or not....

~merfi

• Honesty
    Honesty

I sent Christmas cards to two JW families.

They are customers who do not know I was once a JW.

I sent them mainly so that they wouldn't ask any questions like, "We noticed you didn't send out any Christmas cards. Do you celebrate Christmas and if not are you familiar with Jehoobie Witlesses?"

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

You just gave me a great idea, and I'm gonna' do it:

You know those charitable dontation-style cards where you get a a card in honor of a loved one . . . where in lieu of a gift for the recipient, you make a charitable donation in their name(s)?

I'm making a silentlambs.org card and sending $5 for each immediate JW family member and sending them a card to "honor their commitment to childrens' welfare."

• Scully
    Scully

No. I'd rather not waste my spit licking the stamp or envelope, not to mention the cost of it, to send a card to someone who not only feels the holidays are repugnant, but who wouldn't even begin to appreciate the sentiment behind it.

My resources (and spit) are much better spent on people who care.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

When I can manage to pause during this busy season and remember to send cards to associates and family, I do send them to my JDub relatives. Which isn't a whole lot.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I sent one to my best friend, in the borg..for 10 years.. And told her I was happy on the outside.

Also sent one to my cousin in another state, whose hubby is a presiding overseer.. told her I dropped out. Haven't heard a word yet.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Yes, I've sent them to my JW sister for years. She didn't respond, of course. Then I started adding photos of the children, etc. and a long, newsy, handwritten letter. I even gave her a heads-up in prior letters that she'd want to open the card, to get the pictures.

It worked, apparently, as for two years now she's sent her own cards back to me. Last year's even included a small gift.

That was worth the years of no response.

Susan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit