the blood issue

by LovesDubs 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

My very inactive hypocrit JW husband wouldnt sign a release form for my 11 year old to play basketball at school without adding "NO BLOOD PRODUCTS!" next to permission to treat injuries...jeeeeeezuzzz. I told him he better go READ what his own RELIGION teaches nowadays because so many changes have been made to what is allowed and what ISNT these days. I think he is still back in the "dont give your dog DOG FOOD with blood in it!" days. Does anyone know what the most recent blood info is? Or when the latest blood booklet came out? Does anyone have one they could send me?

I told him if he ever endangered one of my kids or caused harm or death to any of them because of this F-D up nonsense belief...I would hunt him down like a dog and kill him. No questions asked.

• Scully
    Scully

LoveDubs:

Just make sure that YOUR name is the one that is the first contact in an emergency situation. Also, teach your 11 year old (and your other kids too) that he has the right to override his dad's wishes when it comes to HIS body and HIS medical treatment.

Here's the most recent information, posted by V: KM Insert "How Do I View Blood Fractions..." Complete Scan and PDF

Download the PDF and show it to your hubby.

• BrentR
    BrentR

My JW parents really wanted to be my daughter's god parents. I took great delight in telling them that since they value the sanctity of blood over the sanctity of LIFE it was not going to happen. That was a very tough pill for them to choke down since they just assumed they would be the first choice. Some times you can trigger some deep questioning thought in JW 's by throwing some of thier dogma back into thier faces. A grandparents adoration for thier grandkids can be used to cut through the BS at times.

This saddened my mom so bad that I really think she is still doing some soul searching. All the publications from the WTS may not be enough to stop the emotional pain our decision triggered.

Tough love is not as much fun when you are receiving it vs always dishing it out.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Lovedubs,

I married a "worldly" man and we have 3 kids together. I asked the elders what would happen if my kids needed blood? They told me that since my husband is pro blood that

I wouldn't need to worry about it because the courts would automatically give the rights to him. I would just make sure the first phone call was made to you!!!

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit