New discussion board for ex-JW artists!

by Dogpatch 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I got this is the mail today:

Dear Randy

Would you mind please, posting a link to our website on your links page?

We are trying to put together a decent forum utilising art as our main theme, in enabling further recovery from the JW's.

So far, we have around 50 users since our inception about 2 weeks ago and everyday are attracting further members.

If you'd rather come and take a look first, by all means, you are more than welcome. Once a potential member registers, there are many more sub forum areas that show up centred around many various artistic themes. Foul language is not tolerated, nor is bickering or needless name calling. The site predominantly is seeking to enable healing in individuals lives and we particularly have an emphasis on attracting a more mature, older audience.

You are more than welcome to come and have a look.

http://exjwartists.goodforum.net

My kindest regards and best wishes!!

Owner

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Provided the owner of the site plays no part in it, is buried in a thick, lead-lined coffin, and is regularly medicated, it sounds like a very good idea.*

HS

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Provided the owner of the site plays no part in it,

I second the motion!!!! All in favor? Sorry C you are now banned from your own board alt

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Foul language is not tolerated, nor is bickering or needless name calling.

Too bad. Some people have managed to elevate these things to an art form.

W

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Sorry folks didn't notice the foul language.

my apologies!

Randy

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you do go on that site You will see where I was asked to join.. Someone joined me up. But when I go back is says your may NOT post so I dont understand why they asked in the first place ....The one that started it is an old friend from this site. see where he asked to marry me. No wonder he dont want to hear my response...LOL

• belbab
    belbab

I often wondered why the WT society never encouraged their members to express there artistic talents. With music, paintings, dancing, and all the other artistic venues, they could have had far more influence towards the good in the world than slugging it out door to door.

Joan, my special "special", in her teen years at school, sang at a school event, the music instructor, longed to have her as his student for private lessons. No way, Da Troot, Da Troot took supremacy and stifled all creative ability.

She's now is a budding water colorist. She also sketched my avatar picture that you see on this board.

I too, wrote poetry for a time when I was a witness. I was ridiculed for it. I burned them all and also burned the desire to write them in my psyche. I only remember parts of them now.

Ah well, maybe next time round,

belbab

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

C is doing a good job keeping his distance and relying on others with judgement calls.

Mouthy, if you're still having problems, let me know and I'll look into it further. So far your account looks just fine. Could be some cyber gremlin keeping you from having fun!

Y'all come express yerselves, ya'hear?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit