Isn't this part of the problem?

by searcher 1 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

From another thread; http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/125277/1.ashx

Quote: Bob's reading the London newspaper article about his previous nights concert, and his manager tells him they have started to call Bob an "Anarchist", because he is not providing any answers in his songs, only questions.

Is it not part of the problem that many people want answers, but try to get them ALL from the same source instead of ‘shopping around’?

For example, a mechanic would be the person to ask the question ‘How do I change my brakes?’

An accountant would be the person to ask ‘How do I balance my chequebook?’

Joining something like the JW’s or any one religious group IMO, leaves the joiner in a position where they are expected to accept ALL of the interpretations and beliefs held by that group.

Maybe needs the question, ‘Do you do ALL your shopping at just one store?’

Your thoughts?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

It is a problem, but many JWs see it as a solution.

Is it not part of the problem that many people want answers, but try to get them ALL from the same source instead of ‘shopping around’?

Maybe needs the question, ‘Do you do ALL your shopping at just one store?’

People will do all their real shopping at one store if they can. They moan about small shops and British businesses going out of business, but that doesn't stop them going to Asda or Tesco for everything from New Zealand apples and Australian beef to Chinese televisions and Indian clothes.

Part of the draw of being a JW for some people is not having to make a decision about which university to go to, or what to wear, or where to go on Sunday. They like not having to think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit