"No one will be so foolish..."

by rockhound 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockhound
    rockhound

The following was found in an article ( JWs and Necromancy) by Ken Raines

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/necromancy.html

I found Rutherford's comment in 1934 to be a major conflict with the present Watchtower teaching about the 24 Elders communicating somehow with brooklyn today.

On page 144 of The Finished Mystery they again stated their belief that the now "spirit being" C. T. Russell was directing their work from beyond the grave:

... though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil,he is managing every feature of the harvest work.

In the November 1, 1917 Watch Tower they also said:

This work is conducted by the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY, a corporation organized for that purpose by Pastor Russell years ago, and which, without doubt, was organized under the Lord's direction, and which was managed and directed by Pastor Russell until his death....

Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the Harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence thereupon. (Revelation 14:17) It is not unreasonable to conclude that he has been privileged to do, in connection with the Harvest work, things which he could not do while with us.

Although we recognize that the Lord is the great Master and Director of the Harvest, yet we recognize thatHe would privilege the saints beyond the veil to have a part in the work on this side; and thus all the saints, both in Heaven and upon earth, are now given the honor of concluding the work on this side, preparatory to the full establishment of the Kingdom of Glory. [4]The Watch Tower, November 1, 1917 p. 325.

Later in 1934,perhaps as a result of this, Rutherford wrote the following clear-cut denunciation of trying to communicate with Russell or any other dead "saint." He denounced the belief that the dead were directing the Society's work. This appeared in the May 1 Watchtower and in his book Jehovah. There he said:

All at the temple will realize that their spiritual food comes to them from their Teachers, Jehovah and Christ Jesus, and not from any man. No one will be so foolish as to conclude that some brother (or brethren) at one time amongst them, and who has died and gone to heaven, is now instructing the saints on earth and directing them as to their work.[9]The Watchtower, May 1, 1934 p. 131; J. F. Rutherford, Jehovah, (Brooklyn, New York: Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society) 1934 p. 191.

Rutherford may be correct in calling such beliefs "foolish" but it was he who had the Finished Mystery published that promoted the idea that "some brother", who died and went to heaven, namely Russell, was directing those on earth.

His clear rejection in 1934 of this did not end the matter of the Society itself, let alone those with the dreaded "elective elder spirit," promoting the idea that the dead are communicating truth to those on earth. In recent years they have seemingly "resurrected" the idea.

In the 1988 book Revelation&endash;Its Grand Climax at Hand! they say on page 125:

This suggests that the resurrected ones of the 24&endash;elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

Thus they currently teach that the departed spirits of the anointed class "may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today" to those on earth.

It would seem that someone foolish enough ,did come along after all!!!

ROCKHOUND

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

That's some extraordinary research Rockhound, you leave no 'stone' unturned! ;)

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

That's just crazy! What next?? I cannot believe I use to go along with this nonsense. I wish I could shake my mom and tell her to snap out of their mind control. How can anyone still be a JW??? Makes me mad

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

This religion is sooooo strange!!! I am glad that "No one will be so foolish..." on this board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit