the firm and JW's

by in a new york bethel minute 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

the firm (tom cruise) is one of my favourite movies. maybe because sometimes i feel like i can relate to it, except in a religious sense. has anyone else watched this movie and empathised with the main character because of their JW upbringing??

bethel minute

• Warlock
    Warlock

I've seen the movie a couple of times. Never did the initials J.W. enter my mind.

Warlock

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hoo yeah, I can see the correlation. All is sweetness and light until you sign on the dotted line. Then you find out there is no dignified exit. Anywhere, anyhow.

By the way, I loved the book, and the sly way the protagonist disentangled himself from his commitments (legally).

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Oh it is there for sure! The part that stood out in my mind was when Tom Cruise's wife (can't recall any of the characters names) was chatting with a fellow wife about childbearing and the woman says "The firm allows us to have children", when Tom's wife raises an eyebrow the woman reiterates, "It's not a problem, the firm allows it." Reminds me of when my wife was studying. Similar language gave her a peek into the window of what actually happens in the society, and gave me an objective view of the Witness recruiting process.

FBF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit