Is there anyway possible that a JW can disprove someone...

by A-Team 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A-Team
    A-Team

(This is Zone, I forgot my Passowrd and my e-mail has been disbaled...so dont treat me as a new member)

who has found over 700 verses on a particular subject (The Laws of the Torah and Coevnants of Jehovah)?

Anywho, I find it odd that they claim that we are no longer under the Mosiac Law, and all laws under it arn't required to be practiced anylonger. If that is the case, I am free to practice in beastality then (scarasm, but you get my point.)

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The Watchtower uses the Old Testament laws and rules when it suits its purpose. It particularly likes those that involve harsh penalties for infractions. However, the New Testament doesn't invalidate the moral laws of the Old but puts even a greater responsiblity upon each individual to uphold God's righteousness and holiness. As Paul discusses in length in his letters that Christians are no longer under the ceremonial law of Moses. But he also underscores that our freedom in Christ does not give us an excuse to commit immorality.

Jews thought they could gain God's approval by obeying the Mosaic Law. But this was impossible because imperfect humans fail to live up to these standards. But God's grace makes allowance provided our hearts are devoted to pleasing Him.

• A-Team
    A-Team

What im getting at is....there is no way possible that you can tell me that all 613 laws of the Torah are null in void now. If you actually read all 613 of them, you would know what I mean.

And yes, I do know that we do not have to do sacrafices now.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

According to Paul, the law is (after Christ) "written in the heart" of those that follow him. Of the OT-laws, only the law to "abstain from blood" is kept. Funny though, that the jews never understood that according to OT-law, one would be allowed to eat an animal that hadn`t been butchered in the proper manner, if it was necessary to save ones life. The result would only be that one was in a state of "uncleanliness" until evening, which is the case with many of the OT-laws. Go near a woman that has her menstruation, voilĂ , state of uncleanliess until whatever, forgot to wash hands before dinner, state of uncleanliness etc etc. Only a few of them had the death penalty. Eating blood was not one of them.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

What of all the laws that pertain to sacrifices? Even the Jews can not obey them since there is no longer a temple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit