Invite and Share X-mas with an ex-JW

by kwintestal 5 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've been tossing this idea around for a few days and thought I'd post this.

How many ex-JW's are going to spend Christmas alone this year because most of their family is still "in"? I figure there may not be tons, but there will be a few anyways. I was thinking it'd be nice to start a thread for people willing to open up their homes for the holiday to an ex-JW or two, inviting them for supper or whatever you do for the holiday so they won't be alone.

Anyways, if someone's interested in hanging out for an evening with my family in Niagara Falls, let me know. I'd be happy to have you.

Kwin

• poppers
    poppers

What a wonderful idea. Show them that "worldly" people really do care.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

What an awesome gesture. Thanks.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You are so kind, Kwin.

I would love to but will be spending Christmas with some of my church family again this Christmas since my blood family are still trapped in a cult that does not approve of any worship that is directed towards the King and Savior of the world.

• blondie
    blondie

We'll be spending time with the non-JW in-laws. But it's a great idea, Kwin. If we lived closer we could drop by for Kwanzaa Day.

Blondie

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

That's a great idea, Kwin.

I feel lucky that I'll be spending Xmas with my non-jw, atheist aunt and daughter in Durham. It would be great to have other x-jws there. The more the merrier; oops, I'd better prepare my aunt for the deluge of people, heh heh.

I hope you have a great holiday and others show up. There are plenty of people who end up alone for the holidays, so reaching out to all is a great idea.

When I'm unable to travel, I sometimes go to church dinners and such where there are others also without family support, and such.

It's not the same as being in a home, though, with friends who are your chosen family. I hope you have a great holiday! I'd consider a drive to Niagara Falls if my back could take it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit