Vegetarian Dinosaurs

by catbert 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catbert
    catbert

Do JW's believe the animal population was largly vegetarian prior to the flood, or that only humans were vegetarians prior to the flood? I saw a PDF of a recent Awake magazine that seemed to make a point of mentioning Dinosaurs eating grass.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Not sure if JW's believe this, but I've spoken with other fundamentalist Protestants who explicitly state that there were NO carnivorous animals until after Adam and Eve disobeyed God. All those fossils of ancient Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptors, Mosasaurs, and even Carachadon sharks only ate fruits and vegetation. If anything is an indicator as to which churches do NOT have the truth, I'd say this would be one of the best.

• stucklikeyou
    stucklikeyou

^^ Agreed...

This is just another example of the intellectual dishonesty and "patchwork" that bibilical literalists rely on to justify holding onto the beliefs that they need...

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes but surely 'Animals' and 'Dinosaurs' are two different categories of creatures.There is undeniable evidence that there were species of carnivorous Dinosaur that existed that even the WT cant surely cant deny. So the WT must be talking about animals in general.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hey, someone post that hilarious picture of Tyrannosaurus with cow-type teeth. It shows how T. Rex ought to have looked as a vegetarian.

Here's a pretty comedic webpage on the subject:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carnivores.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit