Like a Distant, Abusive Parent

by metatron 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

I think the saddest aspect of being a Jehovah's Witness in 2006 concerns the increasingly distant relationship that the Watchtower

hierarchy have developed - and how Witnesses react to it.

Have you ever known a parent who had little or no love for their children? and how the children sometimes seem all the more drawn to

them , to catch what little scraps of affection or approval are offered? As if the rarity of their love was a scarce commodity to be sought

all the more zealously? That's how the organization is, these days. They keep cutting back and trimming and simplifying and dropping

what little services they used to provide for the friends ( subscriptions, food service at assemblies, hard bound books, etc.)

but somehow Witnesses keep dragging themselves along in loyalty to a group of men that regards them with silent contempt.

They will also tolerate all number of uncaring elders and rude, unloving Circuit Overseers, too. Watch how the Kingdom Hall fills up

when Brother Itinerant comes to town.

They all may as well be children thinking, "why doesn't my momma love me? maybe it's because I'm bad......."

It's very sad to see this. It's like an abusive parent's character guiding a collective corporate culture and I see it deepening.

metatron

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Good point.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good point. The wt encourages dysfunctional relationships on every level. They teach you to have one with god, your spouse, your children, your friends, and even with themselves. What a hypocritical mess.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

When you work with abused children, that is what you see. They cling to the abuser for anykind of affection, or acceptance. They are also controlled by the abuser by using power over them. That is what all cults use to keep people obedient..power and control, and fear. The more the abuser takes from its victim, the more the victim clings to the abuser. That is what you describe when you talk about the JW organization.

Leslie

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

"but somehow Witnesses keep dragging themselves along in loyalty to a group of men that regards them with silent contempt."

Not all of us, thank God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit