recomnendation of show / movie to see

by zev 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• zev
    zev

i recently discovered Firefly, and its follow up movie, Serenity.

awsome show, cancelled in it first season. (fox dopes!)

made a come back as a MOVIE!

still awsome.

check it out, you'l love it.

later,

Harold

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Serenity was a good movie, although I never saw the show upon which it was based. Last night I watched "Pitch Black" a really scarey sci-fi film about the crew of a ship which crashes onto a planet with multiple suns, and what happens when an eclipse causes darkness for the first time in 22 years. Looking forward to the sequel.

• geevee
    geevee

Watched the complete boxed set of Firefly....Serenity made much more sense. Loved the Companion!!!! Currently enjoying "Heroes" Take Care

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

DITTO!!!

Firefly was VERY PLEASANT SUPRISE!!

I read somewhere that the plot for Serenity was initially to span the entire second season. Sucked that such a great/awesome/wonderful show was cancelled out of hand. There so much crap on TV, I can't believe I never saw Firefly when it originally aired.

Great show, that's all I can say. Zoe was sexy fine!

I'll be in my bunk,

• zev
    zev

lets be bad guys....

• daystar
    daystar

gaiagirl!

Riddick is one of my favorites characters. The sequel(s) has been out for some time.

After watching Pitch Black, you must, must, must watch the following in this order:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury - Animated, it gives some connecting storyline between Pitch and the Chronicles of Riddick movie. This is some serious, hardcore shiznit.

The Chronicles of Riddick

• daystar
    daystar

Oh, and zev, firefly and Serenity were great. I never did watch the series. But when I heard the film was coming out, I rented all the eps and my son and I watched them just before the film was released. The film was worth it. What a shame that it was cancelled.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Watch the new Doctor Who, nuff said.

• Mystla
    Mystla

We watched firefly when it aired on Fox. They repeatedly changed the night it was aired without advertising the fact, they ran very few ads for the show, and they showed the pilot last! And they canceled it because it wasn't getting many viewers. Hmmm.. could that be because no one knew about it? and the few that did could never figure out when it would be on?

There were a lot of people who saw the pilot and were anxious to see more, but, as they aired the pilot last, the show was already over.

I really hate fox.. I miss futurama.

Misty

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Watched Firefly a few times on Fox, thought the music stunk and that it was a space western. Only watched one or two episodes. Then on the reccomendations of a friend I watched the series on DVD, they toned down the cowboy music though they stuck with the old west mentality. I grew to like it more. I think the movie out does the series by a mile.

Good reccomendation. Just loaned the movie to my nephew last night.

Heroes rules!

Sylar is a bad man.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit