update on JW roommate

by oppgirl63 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

My JW roommate has been a little under the weather lately (more than ususal). She hasn't been to any meetings in at least 3 months. Anyway she was in the hospital for a couple of days about 3 weeks ago and after she got out I took her home so she could visit her family for a few days (she was gone about 10 days). She's been back here for almost 2 weeks and still hasn't gone to any meetings. The CO was at her congregation last week and Friday they were trying to get in touch with her because he wanted to see her (but she didn't answer the phone). They even came out to our house and she didn't answer the door. My vehicle wasn't at home because my Mom and I went shopping (my roommate asked me to go shopping on my vehicle just so if they came by they would think no one was home). We have about 100 acres of land and when I got home I parked my truck on the back forty so no one would see it. They know she's back home because one of the pioneers saw us in town last week and turned her car around and chased us down. I wonder if there will be anything said to her about not being at the meetings when the CO was in town. They will probably blame it all on living with me.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi,

They will probably blame it on you. If they blame it on her, indirectly they are blaming it on themselves, failing to be loving Christians.

Have you talked to her about how she is feeling? Has she seen the light or is she blaming herself for failing to be a good JW?

I am inactive and I know that my friends and family blame my husband.

Blondie

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I know she blames herself. She made the statement not too long ago that Jehovah is dissapointed in her. It just seems to me that she wants to be a JW, but she doesn't want to do all the things they expect her to do. It's been this way ever since she got baptised. I feel sorry for her...she seems so chained down by this religion and all their man made rules. I thought that getting baptised would make her happy, but it hasn't. I know that one of the pioneers has talked to her about me. She wanted to know whether or not I was going to start studying and my roommate told her I wasn't the least bit interested. I think that the pioneer questioned why she was still living with me and my roommate told her that I made sure she got to her meetings (when she feels like going) so I wasn't hurting her spiritually.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If she wallows in blame, she will always be in danger of going back. How about giving her some "love" scriptures in the bible to bolster her spirit? If an exited JW can know they are loved of God outside of the society, it's a huge step towards healing. Here's some good ones:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/8218/verses2.html *WARNING* Dorky music alert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit