Anyone ever wanna do this during a meeting?

by Stiffy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Stiffy
    Stiffy

Just jump up on stage, rip off your suit to reveal a punk rocker out fit. Pull out yer guitar... and play stairway to heaven?
    OR
    Durring the middle of an assembly, jump out of your seat, FLY AROUND THE AUDITORIUM SCREAMING , "SATAN IS MY KING! SATAN IS MY KING!"

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

stiffy...you really should have gone to work today LOL!

~i woke up adrift in a technicolor bliss~

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Stiffy,

has anyone ever told you if you smoked a big Cigar,
    you'd look EXACTLY like George Burns?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey Stiffy,

I did the flying around the Kingdom Hall thing, and I was having a HELL of a good time until some lameass spoilsport jumped up and said, "Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!" and I exploded. Ouch! You can bet that left a mark.

How about giving a minstry school assignment dressed as Elvis?

• Tammie
    Tammie

Well I never thought about flying around the hall. But I did have a dream that I was naked at the meeting and giving a talk. Then I woke up, then I went back to sleep. Then I dreamed that every ones else was naked. Scary. lol

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

So funny....LOLOLOLOL

• felix a
    felix a

Imagine if you will, the London Philharmonic playing as you walked in the door for bookstudy. Seems pretty safe, an orchestra playing something classical. As you listen for a few minutes you notice that you are hearing something vaguely familiar, only you can't quiet place it. You feel like you should know whats playing. Maybe there should even be words to it. Yes, you can almost hear the words that should go with the music.

In your mind you begin to hear the following;

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long, long year
    Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
    Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate
    Washed his hands and sealed his fate
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
    Ah, what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

The only thing is the lyrics are never sung, the orchestra plays on and no one ever notices.

Yes I love Zepplin, however at heart I'm a Stones fan.

Can you guess where I might be going with this???

You see for several years I had the bookstudy in my apartment in Brooklyn. How about now? Are you beginning to form a picture of what the brothers & sisters might have been listening to as they came to the meeting for spiritual refreshment in my home??? Hmmmm..

You see sometimes I really would play something to see if anyone would even catch what was being played. Sadly, they never did...

Also heard during these musical preludes were symphonic versions of Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull. Or songs like "Do You Think I'm Sexy" or " Smells Like Teen Spirit" performed as Gregorian Chants.

Regards,

felix a (David P)

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

lol! Yes I often would sit there looking around thinking to myself what fun it would be just to do SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Say, perhaps just stand up and scream at the top of my lungs and then sit back down again as if nothing had happened LOL.

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

A friend and I almost got away with playing Bacdafucup in the kingdom hall by switching cd's way back when.....ah, the good old days when I really could play sick, and still be able to go home after half of the meetings was over, and still have that bowl of ice cream before bedtime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit