Happy Thanksgiving from UnDisfellowshipped!

by UnDisfellowshipped 5 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Take a moment, reflect on everything in your life that you should give thanks for. It's time to count your blessings, and if you want, to post here on this thread what YOU are thankful for this Thanksgiving! (I will come back to this thread and post what I am thankful for as soon as I can).

I do want to say how thankful I am for this website (and for all the other JW-exposing websites out there). I want to thank all the great posters on this website (you know who you are!).

I am so thankful to Jesus Christ for saving me and setting me free from my sins and from the Watchtower Society. I thank God for the Holy Scriptures, and for the Sacrifice and Resurrection of Jesus, and for the awesome privilege of talking to Him everyday.

• juni
    juni

I am thankful for my kids and grandkids and my friends.

Juni

• blondie
    blondie

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, Undisfellowshipped. Freedom from the WTS is a great thing. I was watching about the Pilgrims and how they were treated and I was stunned at how awful it was.

Of course, their dinner was a little different. I visited Plymouth a few years back where they have first person re-enactments. I'll take my meager food and warm, fairly safe bed any day.

Love, Blondie

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

blondie

The irony of the Puritans/Pilgrims is that the fled England to avoid the persecutions but ended up as a narrow minded bigots who tolerated no other religious beliefs. Does that remind you of any other organization today?

• jaded
    jaded

The turkey is in the oven. The Christmas lights are hung outside. (first time for that) The small Christmas tree is up. The bigger one will go up later. Hubby is watching Harry Potter. Grandchildren will be over soon to celebrate all of the things that their parents missed out on. (I will never forgive myself for that) We have come a long way. I am thankful for my wonderful grandkids and I am glad that our kids don't totally hate us. I know that there is some resentment but that is certainly understandable. I am so glad we are free. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Freedom to all!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thank you, UnDisfellowshipped, for the Thanksgiving wishes! There is much to be thankful for indeed!

I am thankful for many things...too many to list here. One thing I can be very thankful for is our two children who have never known the bondage of living under the Watchtower Society's rules.

One of our traditions today is listening to the Akathist "Glory to God for All Things." It is a hymn of thanksgiving written in the last century. It can be listened to from this website:

http://homepage.mac.com/stlawrence/iMovieTheater2.html

Minimize that page and let the Akathist continue to play. The text can be read here:

http://www.stchcathedral.org.bh/snippets/akathist.htm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit