Ooh, ooh, ooh... another site funding idea!!!

by BabaYaga 5 Replies latest forum suggestions

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Simon et al:

Amazon has a deal whereby if a sale is made on their site that ORIGINATED from a LINK on another site, the originating site gets a percentage! I believe that includes the entire sale, i.e. if folks keep shopping and buy more than the one book mentioned and linked.

It occurs to me that we have SOOoooo many books to offer adverts for here!!! Good grief, CoC being the first that comes to mind, and there are so many authors who post here and write on JW related experiences (I quite enjoyed Nate Merritt's "Jehovah Unmasked"). Perhaps a small thumbnail of each book which itself is a link to Amazon? 'Tis the season to click, click, click and spend, spend, spend!!! Heaven knows I buy BOOKS. It would rock if you guys could get a portion.

Just a thought... and thanks so much for all you do.

Cheers to all...
    Baba.

• Odrade
    Odrade

LOL! They are also paying 6% for all holiday Gift Certificates originating from a user link. I wonder if the offer extends to forums though? or just blogs?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I don't know, Odrade... I think it is for any site that can post a link to them! Don't know what the particulars are. My friend does book reviews on his blog so it certainly comes in handy for him.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• Simon
    Simon

I have tried Amazon in the past but it was not as useful as Google (I maybe got enough for a CD/DVD every month or so).

Also, they used to pay in vouchers to use in their shop whereas Google actually provide revenue that can be paid against the hosting. I don't buy as much from Amazon as I used to.

I will look into it though - it's probably changed since I last looked at it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Here's the link for more info:

http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join

Baba.

(edited to fix my ding-danged link, ha ha)

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think that's correct, I just looked at my Amazon account, and in the fine print, you take quite a hit to convert to actual revenues, slightly over 2%. I'm sure they have different programs for different applications, but that's worse than Lottery conversion. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit