Have a Happy Thanksgiving

by stevenyc 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

For many posters outside the US here is a little explanation. Yeh, you probably like me know the stories associated with thanksgiving of the early pilgrims surviving off the gifts of the American natives which is celebrated on the Fourth Thursday of November, but it reality its more.

The best way to think of it is a holiday for the American families get together. More like a Christmas Day holiday, eating too much food, and listening to the Queens speech.

This is why I am starting this thread. Many of us have lost our families to the indoctrination of the watchtower. To those I’ll be thinking of you, and raising my glass to the courage you’ve performed by choosing reality over deception. Knowing the cost.

steve

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Amen, to that Steve. I will toast to that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• juni
    juni

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all who are celebrating the holiday.

Peace to you and your families and friends,

Juni

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We just got the turkey out and set the oven, and then THE OVEN CAUGHT FIRE!! Had to get the fire extinguisher to put out the electrical fire. So.......may not have turkey....hmm :(

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, what a great feeling it is to say thanks without making god mad cuz you did it on the wrong day or in the wrong way...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The fire damaged one wire and melted part of the circuit board. The wire was fixable and the thing still works with the existing circuit board, so let's see how it turns out...so far so good....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit