Happy Turkey Day!

by daystar 7 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I know it's a bit early, but I imagine some of us won't be around to post in the next couple of days.

I baked my very first pecan pie for our company's Thanksgiving potluck today. The only other thing I've ever baked was a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Well, the pie was a hit. Out of the desserts, with a slice gone here and a slice gone there, mine is just about gone already.

Yes, I'm a bit proud.

This Thurs., my son and I are going to my sister's home for a family Thanksgiving dinner there. And, of course, we'll be watching the Cowboys slaughter the Buccaneers as well, all fat and happy.

Good times...

Share your plans!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Back at ya Daystar!

I'm going in for out patient surgery tomorrow, good timing huh? actually, I'll have five days off to recoop. my kids will be over to our house so i can vegge if I'm not feeling very social. Turkey and all the trimmings and family, the best medicine.

Have a good time!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have to work on Thanksgiving. A hospital never shuts down. Wishing everyone else a Happy Thanksgivng. Maybe I will catch some leftovers. Enjoy your families.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Happy T=day to you too

Our neighbors invited us over.....we are very new to the area.. They have been very good friends to us as well. I am making a sweet potatoe casserole (made it last year and it was yummy) and an appetizer. Bringing some wine too!!!

Codeblue/NOdenial

• carla
    carla

Happy Thanksgiving all! Going to Grandma's!

• daystar
    daystar

Well, I see this thread died prematurely.

I'm going to be thankfully, joyously, away from an internet connection until the middle of next week. I hope everyone, and I do mean everyone, even you, have a safe and enjoyable holiday amongst friends and family.

alt

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

Enjoy your feast everyone!

meagan

• lola28
    lola28

Well I will be in the hospital with my little sister so I thought I was going to be stuck eating something from the vending machine but a few hours ago my boss called to let me know that he had taken it upon himself to order my family a whole Thanksgiving meal ( he knew it would be hard for anything to get done with my sister in the hospital) so tomorrow morning I'm going to go pick up the food...yay no vending machine food!

Lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit