rambles in the storm....

by Deacon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Deacon
    Deacon

How far down the path is it before the changes take place. Im pretty sure its different for everyone. The time taken to recognise that things have changed permanently...depends on factors like acceptance, circumstances and willingness to deal with it.

Im talking about the realisation regarding the WTBT Society. Im talking about the fundamental issues regarding failed prophecy...but mostly about the realisation regarding how Witnesses treat each other.

We were taught that the anointed were sacred. My experience with all but two, is that they are eccentric buffoons at best....and egocentric maniacs at worst. We were taught that 1914 was Christs return to earth...but that was not the message until 1925..prior to that it was going to be the end.

We were taught that ....you know what..? You all know what we were taught...99% here know the doctrines...

Im sat here in a thunderstorm, with some scared cats running around, trying to put a handle on the whole situation..trying to see where to go, but mainly, what to believe in. I think it would be fair to say that the majority here..have long lost faith in religion and the concept of the bible god....and while I dont want to willingly go down that route...I find my cynicism hardening toward religion in general and JW's in particular.

I still pray..every night..and during the day...sometimes I stop my car and just pray for 20 minutes or so...asking for direction, asking for any help at all...just point me..Ill follow...Im still waiting..

So..the effects of deprogramming are still working the way through...I have given up on ever rejoining the JW's...it made me feel sad and inadequate for 40 years, more than that, at times it made me feel worthless, I cannot take the hypocrisy of the religion or the people in it...and all of them do it without knowing they are hypocrites...

I have no answers for me..just keep on looking, keep on hoping.. but the reality I now accept, is that we are not special people..we will die just like the rest..and what happens then, well...

There are a number of really gentle and sensitive persons on this board..people like Joel..who deserve a little more respect than they have been given. Most of us feel we deserve more respect than we receive, in his case, it is very true..HIs life is far more complicated than most of ours...I am a little dissapointed that people like him, who bore all the personal hatred of some with a lot of dignity...have not been upbuilt in human companionship on This ex JW board...we all have the same history...and yet we have not learned to pick battles with those who can take it, and those who cannot.

I guess when Joel and others have recovered a little strength, they will return for the friends they have on the board..and for their own upbuilding...I hope so..

I learned a lot from people here...Path, 6, Prisca, Mommy, JanH, Farkel, Allan, Englishman...Im not going to mention anymore because it would be half the board...but in the learning was a filtering out..a sifting of information...and now Im really confused! LOL..

Even to those I think are the most pompous and arrogant ***holes....I learn things from...

Its just a journey, but this time we can take it with eyes wide open...and no allegience to false prophets.

I think thats what I meant to say...

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

(((((deacon)))))

i love when you write, you write from your heart. your posts are great. i just have this little bit of advice, helped me when i left, young and scared.....rely on yourself, the rest will follow.

i love ya!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• siegswife
    siegswife

During my dark post bOrg (that is soooo right on) years, I just kept believing that God was the One who wanted me to see the truth about the lies, and that He would't forsake me for NOT remaining in the lie. It took awhile, but I was eventually able to see the Light. Don't stop praying.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I believe it is Maximus that likes to say...

It's not the destination...it's the JOURNEY that's imortant.

(((((Deacon)))))

dungbeetle... STILL cleaning up the crap.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Deacon,

That was good.

While we all need to think of others feeling and I feel sad that joel's not hear to post at the moment.

The forum is like the real world with all its husks and barks.
    I think it will teach us we need to strive give one another space, and that some people are good, bad, nice, rude, tactful, blunt, so we should not be too upset if we can't get them to see things our way.

It kinda makes life interesting and more liveable.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Deacon,

You are exactly where you need to be right now. You should be no other place than where you are, because if you were, you'd be in the wrong place.

Life is good, and so are you.

Trust me.

Farkel
    Zen Class for Today

"When in doubt, duck!"

• think41self
    think41self

((((Deacon))))

I remember being where you are. I hated it. I called it limbo...and limbo is a very uncomfortable place to be, but I guess a necessary resting place while your mind tries to digest all the changes.

I don't know where your road will take you. Mine took me down the path of not waiting for some unknown invisible force to come have some effect on my life or mankinds. I decided that if the world was going to become a better place, then I better do my part to make it so. IF this life is all we have, then I'd better cherish each day. IF there is something more after this life...no one yet has found what I call conclusive evidence...so the reality is: The only hope we have is that there IS a hope. And that is true for every human on this planet, regardless of race, religion, nationality.

I for one believe in a hope. It makes sense to me in some ways that this can't be all we were meant to do. Do I have any supporting evidence to back it up? No, it is just my own personal belief. And the fact that I am an "eternal optimist" as hubby puts it, colors that belief. But I'm comfortable with it. Deacon, you WILL find what YOU are comfortable with...the others have already said it, it takes time. Hang in there and keep posting...I always find your posts insightful and refreshing. Thank you.

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit