JW's compare US loyalty to Nazi loyalty

by mikepence 1 Replies latest jw friends

• mikepence
    mikepence

http://www.witnessesonline.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/witnessesonline/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000150

Quoted in full (the message, not the thread):

Yesterday, on the radio, the aide to President Bush suggested that all Americans have their flags out. This afternoon I just rec'd an email from my employer suggesting that we wear red white and blue in support of the US:

"Our firm feels its a good idea also, so let's show our US pride tomorrow.

In memory of all those who perished yesterday; the passengers and the pilots on the United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our prayers go out to the friends and families of the deceased. God's speed to all those who have lost their lives...GOD BLESS AMERICA and the freedom it represents.

Tomorrow is US pride day, everyone wear US colors. Try to be wearing as much red, white and blue as you can. Lets get the whole country into it. Tell all of your associates, families and friends. "

I felt physically sick when I read this, however I'm trying to meditate on the experiences from the "Stand Firm" video, how the brothers and sisters there refused to Heil Hitler in school and work.

Anyone else experiencing this?

So, the JW's are seeing other people's loyalty to *each other* as a form of facism, which is a giant projection on their part! No organization in the US of A, that I know of, requires more unquestioning loyalty than the Watchtower reich. Witnesses know that, but are not able to consciously acknowledge it, so they project their own angst onto the rest of the population. They are under a fascist regime.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I found your post very interesting. I remember when I first became a witness I mentioned to a MS that I thought the JW's "theocracy" was facist. I thought they wielded much to much control over the JW's lives and I even said that I hoped it wasn't an indication of what the New System would be like. He agreed with me. Eventually, this type of thinking revealed that I was the type to question "too much" and doubt "too much" and that's why I'm out. Far as I know, the MS is now an elder. But he agreed with me. Wonder if he still does or if he's one of the "projectors" as you say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit