profit?

by DIM 8 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

at first i was shocked to see the WTS has a revenue of $950 million dollars USD. But this really doesn't mean anything unless somebody can show me what their profit is.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

do you mean the limos and private jets ??..the mansion in
    a secluded island?

• DIM
    DIM

yeah, along those lines i suppose. Something, maybe a link, that lists their net worth. not just revenue.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

there arent any limos, private jets and mansions..

• larc
    larc

NYT,

Although I am no longer a Witness, I agree with you. I think the assertions regarding the luxury of the JW upper class are greatly exagerated. I think the GB and their associates are comfortable, but not living like royalty. I think Rutherford did, but that era came to an end when Knorr became president. He was an austere man by contrast to Rutherford.

I think that an assessment of their total assets is misleading as well. Most of their assets are tied up in physical plant, and is not liquid.

• DIM
    DIM

thanks for twisting my intentions around NYTelecom1. what an example you are. I thought the WTS was a non profit organization, so i was curious as to how much money they have after calculating their expenses and stuff. thats all.

• larc
    larc

DIM,

Your question has been asked before and it can not be answered. The data is not available.

Nonprofit organizations can make money, but they can't distribute it to others. They certainly can build up cash reserves for plant expansion or as a safe guard agianst an unforeseen emergency.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

When it comes to the Watchtower, you have to think in terms of false profit...

<Sorry>

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Iarc,

when I read your comment I thought

about Jesus words: "For you have the poor always with

you, but me you will not have always."

Where do all those multimillions dollars WTS

corporations fits into all this?

Can we explain to the poor under developped nations?

Do they know these facts?

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit