19th Birthday Party

by Madame Quixote 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

My daughter will be turning 19 on the 24th. This weekend we're having a dinner party for her at Indochine Restaurant and then taking her guests to the movies. I am so pleased that I am able to do this without one iota of fear or guilt like the JWs wish they could still impose on us. I feel a little sad that no one in our family will be there to honor my daughter, but mostly I feel enormously happy that my daughter is such a happy little goth and that she's her own person, not obsessed with preaching the so-called "good news" of Jehovah's crazy kingdom, nor with pleasing anyone but herself. I hope she and her friends have a great time this weekend; just wish my little JW nephews could come. They would have had a lot of fun at her other birthdays when she was younger; now she's with a little older crowd - all good kids, I'm happy (and lucky) to say. What a blessing it is to be "worldly" and to know that "worldly" people are good too. Happy Birthday, my "Little Biddle."

• Sam87
    Sam87

Awesome! my younger brothers birthday was about a week ago, we had a party for him and got his mates around, it was funny because no one in our family knew how to have a birthday party! but we managed, and it turned out great!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Happy birthday to your daughter. I'm glad that you're able to celebrate your love for her without guilt and without intimidation. That's a wonderful thing.

Please allow me to brag about my saturday as well. I asked out a pretty young lady from work and we're going out for dinner and a movie. For the first time since I started studying with the jw, I don't feel like I'm a worthless piece of crap who's nothing but a liability.

• Jobees
    Jobees

First off, Abandoned, good news, good news! Have fun!

And Quixote, isn't it so wonderful being able to do those things for our children!! You know though, it makes me so angry and sad to watch my sons blow out their b-day candles. I'm 30 and never have done that. So I always get a tear in my eye for the years I was unable to live a normal life.

Your a great mom!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    but mostly I feel enormously happy that my daughter is such a happy little goth

Goth? And happy?

I don't follow.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Happy birthday to your daughter, Madam Quixote. It's my 60th today, and the first I have ever celebrated.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Thanks every one. Happy 60th Birthday! I am so pleased to hear this. We need to start a thread for your 60th Birthday Online Partay! One of my daughter's teachers calls her "the happiest Goth" he ever met. She's into Goth style, but definitely does not have a dark (goth) personality. She's usually very bubbly and kinda' silly most of the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit