Gerald Levert raised a JW

by MsMcDucket 3 Replies latest social current

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I wonder what kind of service he is having or had?

jimi:How was it, growing up Jehovah’s Witness?

Gerald: "That was really my mom. My mom was the one that let us rehearse. She would feed us. She knew she couldn’t stop me, and preferred to watch us than have us go somewhere else. Marks’s mom was really against {us playing}. She really really believed we were playing the devil’s music, and it got to the point where we would hate to see her coming, but we loved her. Mark had to move in with us, though to do his music, because she told him if he was gonna do that music, he was gonna have to get out the house. My mom would leave the Awake and Watchtower out during rehearsal. She was never one of those witnesses that was on you all the time-I never liked those kinds of witnesses. My father was going to the Hall, until the elders told him he had to cut his hair, get approval of songs he was singing, stuff like that. He couldn’t figure out what his hair had to do with his spirituality, and it turned him off. I still believe in The Truth---but there are some things that are man-made and it’s twisted up a lot. And that ain’t cool. When you start changing doctrine in the middle of the game, that ain’t cool. But the kingdowm hall kept me sane and out of trouble. I was a virgin until I started I got into the business heavy."

The writer put a heavy disclaimer on this. So, I'm going to make sure that I give him prop's!

DISCLAIMER
    You can not reprint this without my permission. Absolutely CAN NOT. I own the copyright on this version. If you reprint this for your pub without my permission, I will get on a plane, I may have cause to fuck you up. If you don’t think I’m serious, by all means, try me. If you quote this, properly attribute.

Like Father, Like Sons
    The Levert Men are the Soul of Cleveland
    By jimi izrael 2004©

http://www.jimiizrael.com/ji/2006/11/12/07.09.54/index.html

• tan
    tan

Wow, so sad for his death.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Here's another interesting part of the article (Many of you who wonder about dub relationships might find this interesting; although 19 years ain't bad!). This part is about Eddie Levert of the O'jays, Gerald's father:

The Trevel Productions staff is filled out with cousins and trusted family friends. Eddie was the progenitor of that legacy, and he will tell you it was built on hard work.
    Senior has a lot of time to travel and the freedom to do as he pleases. He doesn’t have any young kids to tote around and divorced his wife of 19 years in 1987. Her staunch religious upbringing as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses contributed heavily to the break-up.
  • MadTiger
    MadTiger

He is from my general area, and I saw the teenage girls flock to get his autograph at District Conventions. Silly.

I hope his family is doing fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit