4 JW families in my neighbourhood; no new tract delivered to anyone yet!

by WingCommander 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I find this astounding, and really speaking volumes of the "preaching work" being done by the JW's today. I live in a nice developement with sidewalks, street lights, etc. By my count, there are about 4 JW families in my associated neighbourhood, with one family living diagonally across the street from me. Do you think I got the new tract at my door? Hell no! The only way I even KNEW about it was by visiting this so-called apostate website! How freakin messed up is that for JW's? I have not seen ANY of them in car groups, walking the sidewalks, or anything around here! It's like they don't exist! My other family members have also not gotten the tract.

Now, I know many on here are going, "what's your problem?" Nothing, really. I'm just floored by the lack of enthusiasm over such an important tract according to the Borg. I will say that I have a little sign by my front door that reads, "No Trespassing, No Soliciting." But come on, that doesn't stop JW's, does it? It never stopped me or my parents when I was growing up? Hell, I remember going through yards with viscious snarling dogs barking their heads off, just to give the owner a tract or preach to them. (all the while their thinking how freakin crazy we were).

Are others on here seeing this "non-work" being done? Do you think the average JW is embarrased to distribute this tract due to it's bold, graphic, cultish look and feel? I have to say, when I saw the tract posted on here, I at first thought it was a little fold-out pamphlet styled tract. Then I saw a picture of someone holding one, and realized it was the large size of an Awake! magazine. That's one hell of a tract! But anyway, I tried looking at it objectively, first as JW, then as someone in the world might see it. From a JW point of view, it reminded me alot of the Revelation: It's Grand Climax at Hand book. But I also thought about how negative it all seemed, and how I'd feel trying to place such a tract. "Place and Run" is a good description for what I'd have to do with it if I were still actively in feild service. Next, I tried to look at this tract as a non-JW might. Surprisingly, I had some insight on this. You see, a few months back we had a large state Fair around here. One of the biggest in the country. There are several buildings where any business or religion can set up and sell/peddle there stuff for a price to the fairgrounds. Anyway, I happened about a Seventh Day Adventist display. I am unsure as to what faction, as there are a few. Being interested in SDA's, I quickly glanced around their literature offerings. I was astounded at what I saw. End of times brochures, brochures with the UN Building right on the front, and on and on. I couldn't believe how WatchTower looking their stuff was. I didn't take any, mainly because I was repulsed at the message. They came off as cultish freaks, pushing fear inspiring literature under the guise of Jesus' church. RIght at the moment, I realized how normal people must react to JW's their door, or at the sight of their literature. So when I was critiquing this new Tract, this is how I felt most non-JW's would feel about it - you are crazy loons trying to peddle this apocolyptic crap on me? Get a life and seek God first.

Thanks for listening,

- WIng Commander

• zev
    zev

count your blessings.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Well, the deadline was November 12th. So it seems you will not be getting the worldwide message.

Consider this: perhaps a covert operative (budding apostate) was assigned your territory and turned it in claiming to have worked the area with the campaign? Think it's possible?

bczar

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I feel so . . . neglected! No one came by our neighborhood either. I'm thinking that I owe our policemen another round of donuts, if they're the ones keeping the JWs out of Murphy.

Nina

• joe_black
    joe_black

We know of one exclusive street in this town where at least 8 JW families live, you can see by the luxury cars, SUV's etc. that each of them are trying to keep up with each other materially. We call it JWVILLE. Seems like you have one too! And btw I haven't recieved a tract from anyone of them either.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    But come on, that doesn't stop JW's, does it?

It does now. Directive from "mother" in the late '90s.

It never stopped me or my parents when I was growing up?

They don't make 'em like they used to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit