Ed Bradley & Keith Urban - Love these guys

by Seeker4 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Tonight on 60 Minutes there was a tribute to journalist Ed Bradley, whom I've admired for 35 years. He is just one of those people who looked better and did better work the older he got. Too cool under pressure, too amazing as a professional journalist. He's a role model to me. And I love that he had this alter ego, "Ed Badley," who would get onstage with all sorts of performers, from Jimmy Buffet to the Neville Brothers.

Then CMT (this is in the USA), is doing a weekend tribute to Keith Urban, an Aussie. I've really admired his music for longer than most people have ever heard of him. He's a commercially successful C&W singer who I think is a great songwriter, performer, singer and awesome guitarist. They just showed a concert he did with John Fogerty of CCR. Keith (and John) was great. Now he's just gotten married to Nicole Kidman, and a few months later is admitted to a drug and alcohol facility. This is a complex, compelling and talented guy that I admire greatly. I wish him the best.

Just a couple of thoughts as I end my weekend. Quite a cool and eventful one for me. As a professional journalist and 35 year guitarist, I thought this evening, due to these two men, was particularly poignant for me.

S4

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Have a great week.

I love Keith Urban too. His You'll Think Of Me song was a great help, when my wife left me. His Making Memories Of Us song still makes me cry because the girl it reminds me of dumped me over a misunderstanding I was never given a chance to defend myself about. Yeah, she's not worth it if she'd dump me like that, I know, but it still makes me cry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit