Is God everywhere? JW official teaching

by frankiespeakin 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here is a link and clip:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050308a/article_01.htm

Where Is God?

In several Bible verses, “the heavens” are mentioned as God’s “established place of dwelling.” ( 1 Kings 8:39 , 43 , 49 ; 2 Chronicles 6:33 , 39 ) However, one Bible account describes the magnitude of Jehovah God with the following terms: “Will God truly dwell with mankind upon the earth? Look! Heaven, yes, the heaven of the heavens themselves, cannot contain you.”— 2 Chronicles 6:18 .

“God is a Spirit,” says the Bible. ( John 4:24 ) Therefore, he resides in a spiritual realm independent of the physical universe. When the Bible refers to “the heavens” as God’s dwelling place, it is referring to the loftiness of the place where he resides in contrast with the material environment in which we reside. In any event, the Bible teaches that God’s abode is, indeed, clearly distinguished from the physical universe but is at the same time a very specific location.— Job 2:1-2 .

Just how they can use these scriptures to prove God is not everywhere is beyond me. The way they use these scriptures you can use other scriptures to prove God walks on the earth.

Personally I don't think you can use the scriptures to tell you anything reliable about God, because if you look in the bible you get lots of conflicting pictures, Genesis says He walked in the garden of eden, other scriptures say his eyes are everywhere, etc...Which one are you supposed to take litterally and which ones symbolically? I guess it all depend on your religious backround.

Years ago the WT taught that Jehovah had a deffinate place among a small star cluster inside our milky way galaxy, i'm sure in the future they will make revisions based on the the very big assumption that the bible is the word of God.

Personally I have no Idea what God is or isn't, the term God has so many variables of meaning, how could anybody be so dogmatic? To be as dogmatic on this issue and many others as taught by the WTBTS requires belief in so many assumptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit