Antarctic Ice Core Layers

by paladin1 6 Replies latest social current

• paladin1
    paladin1

I received the following reply to my email. Water covering the entire surface of our planet by means of a flood. Well the ice layers prove it never occurred. The WT$ never told me about this.

Dear K......,
    There is no evidence of a flood layer in Antarctic ice cores. Liquid water freezes into solid ice with no air bubbles, but what is seen in all Antarctic ice cores is typical glacial ice with small air bubbles, indicating ice made from compressed snow (which is a mixture of ice crystals and air). No liquid water in Antarctica is indicated at any time in the past 800,000 years.
    Sincerely, Bruce

Bruce Bauer, Data Manager
    World Data Center for Paleoclimatology and
    NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, Paleoclimatology Branch
    325 Broadway, E/CC23, Boulder, CO 80305-3328 USA
    Phone: (303) 497-6280 FAX: (303) 497-6513
    Email:[email protected]
    FTP:ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/
    Web:http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/paleo.html

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Here's a typical believers response...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Good point. I never would have thought of that even though I know that the ice layers - each layer representing a year - had air bubbles in them.
  • sir82
    sir82
    Many years ago, reading about the ice cores was the straw that broke the camel's back, to convince me that there was no "global flood" a mere 4400 years ago (or anytime, for that matter).
  • paladin1
    paladin1

At Lake Vostok drilling site, the team drilled into a fresh water lake the size of Lake Ontario, Canada. The lake has more volume of liquid water than Lake Ontario with marine life in it. I am learning more on JWN and the Web than in a kingdom hall.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WT$ never told me about this.

Did you ever really expect they would.

The leaders of the JWS/WTS are not well educated, some probably don't even have a high school diploma.

These religious leaders have one pressing concern and that is only select information that supports the believability in the writings of the bible, to pursue a different direction would endanger the acquired support and position they hold as individuals within that organization.

• steve2
    steve2

Forgive the Watchtower and other fundamentalist-organizations for failing to keep you informed about the findings of the natural sciences. Fundamentalists cannot see earthly mountains in front of them because they are blinded by molehills detectable through spiritual vision from heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit