10 yr old fears

by stephenw20 9 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

The other day , my youngest daughter in “ I asked her if she was afraid , she said “ yes I am afraid they will come and kill us”. I said to her in my best pathetic lie,” honey as long as I am here no one will hurt you” and then I encouraged her to pray ..any time she feels that way so if I am not with her she can have something to feel secure about.

Watching a tv show & listening to radio reports the last few days, I cant imagine what a 10 yr old in Afghanistan feels in the way of fear. I heard yesterday a mother who had to walk through half of the state to get out, the equivalent of walking half the state of Texas, was in Pakistan to seek refuge and attempt to save the lives of her two children. 200,000 people have fled so far. THis woman however , who was only 100yds inside the border will not be staying. Her & her children and her 23 yr old husband will be sent back as their paperwork is invalid . They will not be allowed back in as Pakistan has closed its border to Afghanistan. As this woman who lived without TV and basically in a tent told the reporter until last week I did not even know what a World Trade Center was , and I still have no idea what it use to look like. As her son was defecating on the ground next to her she told the reporter she has no idea why the greatest country in the world would have something against her.

Last Evening on CNN a report from an Afghanistan woman reporter who lives there no longer indicated the plight of the ~people~ since the Taliban took over. The football(soccer) stadium has been used for public executions with men being hung and women being forced to kneel on the penalty line and shot at point blank range in the head. They have video of it!

Some villages that are in the middle of the war zone have been pillaged and hospitals destroyed . One woman sp;<was approached by Taliban officials to set up camp in her house asked where she should take her children and live, they shot her in front of her kids. The Taliban men then stayed two days and did unspeakable things to the three little girls 13, 9,7. THe girls will not talk about it , they just cry and have for the last three weeks, their father said.

SOme of the murders have been so brutal , they have skinned the villagers alive and just piled them in a corner.

It is outrageous to me to hear the Taliban remarks on this .. “it is a great sense of joy at the stadium , joy for the onlooker and joy for the one relieved of this betrayal”

I cant understand how a human can be so heartless. If my 10yr old is worried about war what of the ~people~ of Afghanistan. THey have a government who kills them at will and now they have the US to have to run from.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

here is a link from the few women who fight against the oppression

http://rawa.fancymarketing.net/index.html

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Stephenw20,

I cant understand how a human can be so heartless. If my 10yr old is worried about war what of the ~people~ of Afghanistan. THey have a government who kills them at will and now they have the US to have to run from.

Haven't you heard the slogan, "One nation under God"? He always kills the women and children when fighting the enemy.

Ken P.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Ken I am sorry I dont agree

and TO TINA.. I meant not to steal your thunder
    sorry
    s

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Stephen,

I don't agree either, I hate the way religious fanatics treat other humans. Religious hatred has caused more murder than all other causes, except perhaps political power struggles. It makes me sick to see how the women and children are treated by the men in those middle eastern societies, and now as a result of their actions the women and children will probably suffer more atrocities. It makes me sad.

Ken P.

• Tina
    Tina

lol Not my thunder Stephen, The thunder belongs to the brave women of RAWA!
    I'm gratified that you published the link as well! People who may not read my stuff will read yours. What's important is the exposure of this issue. So I thank you! hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• teejay
    teejay

stephenw20,

These kinds of hideous reports are hard to read about. I don't doubt that they are true. Would you mind answering a question, though? Is there any good that comes from reading them?

peace,
    tj

• crossroads
    crossroads

Teejay---Go stick your head in the sand I hear there is a lot
    of it over in Afganistan.

No Good Comes From it No None at All,
    No good came from hearing about the Jews
    No good came out of hearing about the Slaves
    No GOOD has come from films about the KKK a terrorist
    organization WE shelter from harm.

Yes Teejay no good comes of it.----I too have a ten year old
    named after my beloved brother---and as I look and worry about
    him and wonder if he is fearful---I do realize he has it good. He has two homes to go to,food to eat , medical supplies at his feet.

So go back to sleep my Brother Teejay keep warm and cozy,
    remember there is plenty of sand over in Afganistan to stick
    your head into.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Reading these accounts might paralyze you at first. The paralysis might last years. Hell, almost thirty years ago my paralysis about the Vietnam war drove me into the jaydubs, and it took me 23 years to wake up. And it's only in the past few weeks that I have enough strength, when reading stories like that, to ask who to write letters of protest to, where to send money, and where to march, rather than just crawl under the bed.

The paralysis seems to come from cognitive dissonance: the sudden discovery that the world is not a just place, or that one's government, or religion, can be cruel.

Or the false perception that hearing about it makes you responsible for fixing it all by yourself. THAT is not true, never is! A discovery I have only recently become used to. Next time you read such an account, say a prayer. Make a donation to RAWA or the Red Cross, or both.

Gently Feral

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Stephen,
    I watched that CNN report last night and it was on again today.
    It had a major effect on me.
    Before I had just read about what those people are going through and it never really sunk in or seemed real to me. That is until last night. This made me wonder just how many other countries are being ruled this way?
    I am so hurt and angry that this has been allowed to go on so long. I’m also very sad that there’s so much suffering in the world.
    All most of us have ever known is life here in the US. I guess I believed that most every one else lived allot like us only poorer. I took our freedoms for granted. I see now what Americans want to defend.
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit