The Watchtower and Mythology

by bavman 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bavman
    bavman

I remember the "Proclaimers" book had some pages devoted to this subject. Does anyone out there who still has the WT library have this information and could you copy those pages to this thread in a reply if possible please? Thanks for your help!

• under_believer
    under_believer

Bavman, can you be more specific as to what the section was about? I may be able to help.

Also it would be better to handle this via email. This request if fulfilled directly could conceivably break Posting Guideline #4 and open JWD to legal action.

• bavman
    bavman

Sure, if you want to e-mail at:[email protected] that would be fine. I am simply looking for their take on Mythology. I believe there is a few pages devoted to this. Also, it would be interesting to see what they say about Mithras and Dionysius.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Are you sure you meant the Proclaimers book? That is the Society's whitewashed history book. Did you perhaps mean Mankind's Search for God?

• bavman
    bavman

Sorry. I must be forgetting it all...I meant the "Insight" book.

• under_believer
    under_believer

The word "Mythology" doesn't appear in the Insight book, as far as I can tell. The Mankind's Search for God has an entire chapter on it, though...

• bavman
    bavman

Perhaps I am losing it faster than I thought or maybe I am giving the Wt too much credit...I dunno. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind sending any information on the topics I mentioned anything at all from the Wt Cd I would be grateful but I don't want to put you out. Thanks very much for your help!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit