The other day I saw...

by daystar 2 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

In the rain, a man holding an umbrella... riding a unicycle. He had this broad-rimmed hat on. He was at a major intersection just waiting to cross.

I saw him again, near the same area, a few days later.

When I used to work for a printing company on the night shift, sometimes in the morning as we were leaving, we'd hear a man fairly nearby playing a saxaphone while the morning sun dissipated the fog. Sometimes he, or perhaps another person, would be playing the bagpipes instead. I always really enjoyed hearing this person(s) play. It would remind me of waking up in the French Quarter in New Orleans to the softly playing jazz trio down at the corner cafe. And the bagpipes reminded me of a home I've not known but which lives in my heart.

Simple things like those above make me happy, make me content with life, so precious, so enjoyable... the way a loved one holds you close and you feel so content.

Sometimes it's difficult to remember moments such as these. We get so caught up with the negatives. But life is not all pain any more than life is all joy. It is both, and in many ways I feel that all is as it should be...

• parakeet
    parakeet

"In the rain, a man holding an umbrella... riding a unicycle. He had this broad-rimmed hat on."

Now, if he had been handing out the false religion tract as well, then I'd say the JWs had found themselves a new twist on street work. They should consider it; it would go well with their message.

Ah, jazz bands in the French Quarter! I need to visit New Orleans again soon. I haven't had a beignet in far too long.

• daystar
    daystar
    They should consider it; it would go well with their message.

LOL! It's all just a circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit