Has Anyone Read This Book?

by berrygerry 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Never heard of it, but would love to have it.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but just skimmed through the ambiguous article in the 1991 Awake that WTS used to ensure its admittance as an NGO.

I cannot recall any other time when a series of 3 articles did not contain ONE SINGLE scripture.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I cannot recall any other time when a series of 3 articles did not contain ONE SINGLE scripture.

Wow! I don't remember noticing the articles didn't contain scriptures. I do remember the articles, though. They came out when I was at my strongest as a JW. I remember thinking that it just seemed odd for the org to be writing about the UN as they did. My wife thought the same thing and talks about those articles to this day. In fact, she just mentioned them again in the last few days.

What burns my a$$ up is that I put forth effort and sacrificed time to try to read every word the org printed, and I now realize that those articles that I spent my time on were published to satisfy some requirement to further the org's underhanded agenda.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Marking
  • BenRichards
    BenRichards
    Which series of articles are you all referring to? Do you recall specifically which issues they appeared in?
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Sept 8, 1991

(Contrast those articles with Revelation Climax page 248:

"8 The UN does not have the answers. And why? Because the Giver of life to all mankind is not the UN’s life-giver. Its life span will be short, for according to God’s decree, “it is to go off into destruction.” The UN’s founders and admirers do not have their names recorded in God’s scroll of life. How could sinful, mortal men, many of whom mock God’s name, achieve through the UN what Jehovah God has declared he is about to accomplish, not by human means, but through the Kingdom of his Christ?—Daniel 7:27; Revelation 11:15.
    9 The UN is actually a blasphemous counterfeit of God’s Messianic Kingdom by his Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ—to whose princely rule there will be no end. (Isaiah 9:6, 7) Even if the UN were to patch up some temporary peace, wars would soon erupt again. This is in the nature of sinful men. “Their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world.” Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ will not only establish eternal peace on earth but, on the basis of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, raise the dead, the righteous and the unrighteous who are in God’s memory. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) This includes everyone who has remained steadfast despite the attacks of Satan and his seed, and others who have yet to show themselves obedient. Obviously, God’s scroll of life will never contain the names of die-hard adherents of Babylon the Great or of any who continued to worship the wild beast.—Exodus 32:33; Psalm 86:8-10; John 17:3; Revelation 16:2; 17:5." )

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    It's a handy reference to have, including copies of the relevant documentation and newspaper articles. You have the proof in one book. Not that a bona fide Witness will ever look at such heinous apostate material.
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun
    Oh yes, and it's available on Amazon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit