A Religious Debate

by barry 3 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

About ten years ago Jehovahs Witnesses were making many converts in the city of Rome. This was quite disturbing to the Pope and the Italian authorities. The Pope in consultation with the Italian Government decided all the witnesses would have to leave Rome. This went largly unreported in the press and the Watchtower and the Awake Magizine. Naturally there was a great uproar in the witness community ,so the Pope made a deal. He would have a debate with a member of the witness community . If the witnesses won they could stay, if the Pope the Witnesses would have to leave.
    The Witnesses realized they had no choice. So they picked an old man who had been a faithful Witness for many yesars his name Joseph Smith. Joseph had once tried to start his own religion but it had failed as he had a weakness for stealing horses and had been accused and thrown into jail for his crime. Joseph then decided to join the witnesses and had become one of the annointed class. Joseph asked for one condition in the debate. To make it more interesting, neither side would be allowed to talk. The Pope agreed.
    The day of the great debate came. Joseph and the Pope sat opposite each other for a full minutebefore the Pope raised his hand and showed three fingers. Joseph looked back at him and raised one finger. The Pope waved his fingers in a circle around his head. Joseph pointed to the ground ehere he sat. The Pope pulled out a wafer and a glass of wine. Joseph pulled out an apple. The Pope stood up and said, ''I give up. This man is too good. The witnesses can stay.''
    An hour later, the cardinals were all around the Pope asking what had happened. The Pope said, ''First I held up three fingers to represent the Trinity. He held up one finger to remind me that there was still one God Jehovah common to both our religions. Then I waved my finger around me to show him that God was all around us. He responded by pointing to the ground and showing that Jehovah was also right here with us. I pulled out the wine and the wafer to show that God absolves us from our sins. He pulled out an apple to remind me of original sin. He had an answer for everything. What could I do?''
    Meanwhile, the Witnesses community had crowded around Joseph. ''What happened? they asked. Well,''said Joseph, ''First he said to me that the Witnesses had three days to get out of here. I told him that not one of us was leaving. Then he told me that this whole city would be cleared of Witnesses. I let him know that we were staying right here.''
    ''Yes,yes...and then???'' asked the crowed.
    ''I dont know,'' said Joseph, ''He took out his lunch, and I took out mine.''

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

hahaha - heard this one before somewhere but still found it very funny the second time around! Thank you for that - needed a good excuse to laugh today, got a really bad cold - you know the sort, bad head, running nose, hacking cough, bucketfuls of germs, feeling very sorry for myself really! So thanks for the excuse to laugh... and start coughing again!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL
    Thanks for that, Barry, it's cheered up my weekend.

LT

• barry
    barry

Yea Individuals Wife I put this one on the jokes section about a month ago but it was in two parts and not very good spelling or typing. The original version is A Religious debate between the Pope and Moishe a representive of a jewish community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit