Intelligent design redux

by ackack 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ackack
    ackack

In a thread about ID, it got a little bit off-track discussing ID theories.

Essentially, I'm sure there are those here you are proponents of ID, and perhaps, you could lets us in on what is considered proof for and intelligent designer. I think I've heard a few of the lines of evidence ID proponents use, but I'm always open to hearing other lines, or even if someone feels they have a genuinely test that could demonstrate (or not) the plausibility of ID.

ackack

• under_believer
    under_believer

Please, God, make it stop.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Well, I read Behe's book, Darwin's Black Box back in my dub days. Biochemistry is very fascinating. He had some nice explanations and illustrations of cellular machinery. Sadly, his presentation falls flat when he goes down the ID road. Basically, he views biochemical machinery as irreducibly complex and presents arguments that are convincing to the lay person with little knowledge of evolutionary biology. His premise, intelligent design, is not falsifiable because you can always claim that "god" made it if you don't understand the natural processes behind biological evolution.

If humans were intelligently designed, we would have replaceable OEM parts and modular construction for easy repair and replacement of damaged and defective components. Our operating systems would be upgradeable to improve our mental abilities and emotional well-being. We would have the capability of backing-up our memories in case of accidental deletions. Our bodies would have stand-by modes to allow for the passage of time during periods of resource scarcity.

What does our current "design" allow us to do?
    1. reproduce
    2. consume resources to the limits of our environment's capacity
    3. modify our environment
    4. complete the cycle (birth/death)

Dave

• Vanderhoven7
  • cofty
    cofty

His canard per minute ratio is off the scale. Who is this arse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit