Noahide Laws......The Witnesses are breaking one of them........

by Zone 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zone
    Zone

You know their stance on government . You know what scriptures they present. Do they know they are going aganist a Convenant God made with Noah, which is unbreakable and uncondintial?

I am just going to summerize the 7 laws of the Covenant with Noah. Tell me your thoughts.

The seven laws (commonly rendered as Sheva Mitzvot Shel Bnei Noach) are:

1. Avodah zarah - Do not worship false gods.
    2. Shefichat damim - Do not murder.
    3. Gezel - Do not steal (or kidnap).
    4. Gilui arayot - Do not be sexually immoral (forbidden sexual acts are traditionally interpreted to include incest, bestiality, male homosexual sex acts, i.e. sodomy, and adultery.)
    5. Birkat Hashem - Do not "bless God" euphemistically referring to blasphemy.
    6. Ever min ha-chai - Do not eat any flesh that was torn from the body of a living animal (given to Noah and traditionally interpreted as a prohibition of cruelty towards animals)
    7. Dinim - Set up a system of honest, effective courts, police and laws.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Their interpretation of being "no part of the world" is not just an affront to the Noachide laws (7), but is also an affront to sense, sensibility, and good order.

• Zone
    Zone

....how would they finagle their away around this law then, knowing what we know (Unconditional, unbreakable conevenant.)

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have been reading up on these basic laws and just now beginning to understand that Judaism totally has a different understanding of the Hebrew writing than Christians do. I am totally fasinated by it. This Noahide law were viewed as guildance for those outside of Judaism. Very interesting.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Balsam:Where that breaks down is when Christians view themselves as spiritual Israelites, rather than just merely Gentile Proselytes. But your observation is correct.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    Noachide

OK, this is a new dub term to me. But oh my god, it just reminded me of a word that used to induce an involuntary roll of the eyes whenever I heard it: Noacheic (spelling?) pronounced No AKEY Ick. Barf!!! Where did they come up with this crap?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit