New light or generation changes?

by rolling rock 3 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Is new light just something that changes with ever generation? It seems to me that new light comes out every ten years or so. Keeping the Young ones confused. Do you get what I'm trying to say, or do I need to expand on my question?

• gordon d
    gordon d

It may not have always been this way... like in the early years when foundational doctines were being outlined... but now it seems that the light only gets brighter when the previous bright light goes out. Changing the WTS stance seems a little more like putting in new "brighter" bulbs than actually getting more illumination.

However, we do still seem to get new bulbs that coincide with new publication releases.... seems like a big waste to me. As an operations manager and ground security coordinator for our airline's FAA requirements, we would routinely get new light from the FAA... we never threw away the manuals just noted and installed the revisions. If the society went to three ring binders, just think of how much paper we could save!

• parakeet
    parakeet

I agree that "new light" is a convenient euphemism the WTS uses to cover their doctrinal shifts, which they appear to make on an as-needed basis, such as new scientific information, current events, failure of their predicted Armageddon dates, and as you mentioned, hiding their mistakes from younger JWs and new converts.

• zeroday
    zeroday

w52 2/1p.80Jehovah’sTheocraticOrganizationToday***

There are some who seem to dote on speculations. They love to be the talking center of little groups, voicing their theories on how or when this or that is going to happen. They may not be deliberately rebellious about what the slave provides, but if they can offer only what the slave has already supplied they do not stand out. How can they shine personally if they merely reflect what all others of Jehovah’s witnesses are reflecting? So they seek for something more sensational, for some "new light" to dazzle unwary listeners

Talk about calling the kettle black...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit