salvation

by sedrah 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sedrah
    sedrah

If I understood right, salvation in heaven is limited to 144, 000 "anointed onces".

How could I be sure that I am in this number?

If not how can I be saved and go to heaven?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How can I be saved and go to heaven?

It's simple:

Romans 10:9 if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 8:9-11 You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Now if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then He who raised Christ from the dead will also bring your mortal bodies to life through His Spirit who lives in you.

1 John 5:12-13 The one who has the Son has life. The one who doesn’t have the Son of God does not have life. I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

You have to take the first step and go to Jesus in prayer:

John 5:38-40 You don’t have His word living in you, because you don’t believe the One He sent.

You pore overthe Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me. And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome sedrah! Your "understanding" is only an understanding obbbbbbf JW interpretation. Read the bible for yourself and consider other comentaries on scripture before you concern yourself about personal salvation. Then you might even consider other paradigms (world views) that are more inclusive than what christianity offers.

Be well!

carmel

• Steam
    Steam

You have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that he sacrificed his life as the payment of the required ransom price so Adam could get out of the prison house of death. That God raised him to life on the third day as a great spirit being in God's own image.

Then you consecrate your "ALL" unto God and tell him you will do his will unto your death. If you are accepted, God will beget you to the spirit nature. From then on you live as a New Creature in Christ; not the "old man" you have been.

Your "ALL" is the life right you have in Christ's Kingdom as a human being, which Jesus paid for already.

Count the cost; you have a life right on earth to give up; are you sure you want to do this?

• Steam
    Steam

The 144,000 receive Divine life, the highest form of life.. But many people run the race and are left out of the 144,000. What happens to them? They are rewarded with spirit life on a lesser plane of existence as part of the Great Multitude. (Revelation 7:9)

Steam Psalm 50:5

• Shazard
    Shazard

Revelation is prophetic book. It is book of alegories and methaphors. It is not wise to take such book as base of your believes. First read and believe Gospels and Epistles as they are cleare anough. Then use them to explain Revelation book. 144000 is symbolic number which means - every single one of God. Also Revelation several times uses this pair of "hear/see" one thing is heard other thing is seen. The same with 144000 this is symbol of whole new Israle, whole redeemed from sin, whole beleivers. It is mad up of 12x12x1000 where each number is symbol of completness. If it would be lietral number, then only 144000 Israel virgin men would be ones in the list, which ofcourse is wrong. Just remember - Revelation is symbolic and methaporical book which have to be explained in light of clear books. It is how JW and other sects and cults change the words of God by introducing something symbolic then claiming what it means and then enforcing this newinvented semantics upon clear books of Gospel. Don't believe JW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit