Went to my first Halloween party

by hambeak 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• hambeak
    hambeak

I was invited to my first halloween party with some ex jw's. I was nervous at first at accepting but I never before had such a good time I am so glad I went. Big Tex and his wife are wonderful people as were all whom I met there. Sorry I have a horrible time with names. I hope to see them all again sometime. So now the question. When you went to your first apostafest, party or whatever, what were your feelings then and now.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yeah, and that was a SMALL one! We figured most people had their own plans for Halloween on a school night in the middle of the week, so just invited a few people over for a (for us) quiet evening. It was great to meet you, hambeak! Don't be a stranger now that you know the way!

Lots of hugs,

Nina

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

I think I'll throw a party next year, and because I don't believe in doing anything by halves I might as well make sure I'll never see paradise so I'll get a friend and this will be my costume:

alt

• heathen
    heathen

My first A-fest was over at valis place and it was kinda cool meeting the patrons of the board , with much drink and merriment . It was native new yorkers birthday party .I'm no big fan of halloween myself so probly wouldn't have made the one you are talking about . I do love horror movies and books tho. Just saying, happy halloween, is too much for me , since not only the j-dubs but the web tells the true origins of the day .

• daystar
    daystar

LOL! Good save Nina! :D It was odd for me. As long as I'd been out, I was still a bit nervous about being in a house full of people I could have seen at assembly, etc. I think I was much more relaxed at the one after.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm glad you came Hambeak, it was good to meet you. And despite Elsewhere's Halloween mask, you can see the evil, wicked apostates aren't so bad.

Chris

• hambeak
    hambeak

Actually I think us evil apostates are better than the average bear. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit