KM Insert "How Do I View Blood Fractions..." Complete Scan and PDF

by V 79 Replies latest watchtower medical

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd like to see a full magazine scan from front cover to back cover of the August 2006 Awake! magazine. Anybody got a scan of that?

• RAZORMIND55
    RAZORMIND55

To whomever directed me to the correct way to print these scans (too lazy to scroll through the posts)

THANKS A BUNCH! IT WORKED!

Also, I thought that using one's own blood was "a matter of Christian conscience" at one time in the past, and that "some Christians choose this option." Now they do not? Am I just imagining this? I'm almost positive that I saw that somewhere in the past.

• dozy
    dozy

This item is being discussed in the service meeting this week. If anyone wants to view the related elders notes , they can be viewed at the following locations in .tif format (MS Paint required). Sorry , I can't scan the images directly onto the site. The soliloqoy is a bit corny , to say the least...............

http://www.box.net/public/f2qemcdcx9 Page 1

http://www.box.net/public/ccvpyl4zti Page 2 (includes 2 minute soliloqoy)

• tan
    tan
    Are fractions also covered by the command to abstain from blood? We cannot say. The Bible does not give specific direction on the subject of fractions.*

So how can they conclude that we should abstain from blood if blood comes from combined fractions? They are very confused and so was I for a long time.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Yuck, that part about how loving a provision the org has made...disgusting. Besides how does one determine that one fraction violates one's conscience but another doesn't? Sounds like more witchcraft to me.

tsof

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Got through this one on Wednesday evening's Service Meeting and could barely contain a smirk.

The elder giving this one kept glancing at me....

• KrAzYJaSpEr
    KrAzYJaSpEr

Am I to understand that once again JW's have changed policy on an issue of this kind of importance? This is typical. I would like to know why they call their religion the truth? The TRUTH is unmovable. The TRUTH remains the same and is UNCHANGING. The TRUTH is like an immovable unpenetrable ROCK that does not errode with time. So if this is the TRUTH why does it change everytime the GB thinks that attendance may be in jeopardy? This is no different than POLITICS. Attendance is going down!!! Well why??? Oh the Blood issue??? Well we better do something quick before we loose more. The BIBLE clearly dictates three simple words. ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD!!! It says nothing about tampering with it and seperating it so that you can use parts of it and discard the rest. The point the bible is trying to make is a respect for BLOOD. Do not Spill Blood. Do Not Drink Blood. Do not tamper with BLOOD. How does one seperate and explore or investigate BLOOD without actually USING it. Did not Allmighty GOD make it clear that the BLOOD IS HIS?? THE BLOOD IS HIS?? Where does GOD say that YES THE BLOOD IS MINE, BUT YOU GUYS CAN PLAY WITH IT AND MESS WITH IT AND CHANGE IT SO THAT IT CAN BE USED AS COMMONLY AS TYLENOL WOULD BE FOR A HEADACHE??

ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD!!! ANIMAL, HUMAN OR ALIENS FROM OUTERSPACE MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!!!

THE BLOOD BELONGS TO ALLMIGHTY GOD!!!! TO MESS WITH IT IN ANYWAY IS TO RISK OFFENDING HIM!!! I WOULD RATHER DIE!!! AND YES I HAVE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE. I MADE IT VERY CLEAR TO ALL THE DOCTORS THAT I DO NOT CARE IF I AM 2 SECONDS FROM DEATH, NO BLOOD, NOTHING MADE FROM BLOOD. NO DERIVATIVES OF BLOOD. ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD!!

• TD
    TD
    THE BLOOD BELONGS TO ALLMIGHTY GOD!!!! TO MESS WITH IT IN ANYWAY IS TO RISK OFFENDING HIM!!! I WOULD RATHER DIE!

LOL

Have you ever had a measles vaccination? How about Mumps? Maybe Rubella? Varicella zoster?

Have you ever had a post-exposure vaccination of any kind? (e.g. At any point in your life did you ever recieve a puncture injury from a metallic object and recieve a tetanus booster?)

Have you every been exposed to hepetitis? Have you every been bitten by a wild animal? What treatment(s) were you given?

Have you ever traveled abroad? Where did you go? What were you immunized against?

The point to all this is that blood is ubiquitous in modern medicine. If you've attended school in a developed country, then you have at the very least recieved the standard battery of childhood immunizations.

ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD!!

If you're trying to quote Acts, then surely you must realize that the statement was not made in an open context or as part of a general discussion about blood.

Lifting a partial predicate out of Scripture and invoking it apart from the context that completes it as an independent construction is a very careless and disrespectful way to treat the Bible woudln't you say?

• KrAzYJaSpEr
    KrAzYJaSpEr

The Main Point is.....

That when ever the GB of the JW's feel like it they change what they believe in.... Then they tell all those that follow them, HEY it's change time and if you don't believe the new and stick to the OLD LIGHT we will disfellowship you...... Now explain how that is in anyway CHRISTIAN....

And NO.... NO VACCINES.... NO TRAVELLING.... NO HEPATITIS..... And I keep my hands awayfrom wild animals so again..... NO!!!!

• KrAzYJaSpEr
    KrAzYJaSpEr

Are you a JW Jedi Master?? How long have you been one. I think this should be established first. And No I am not. I was raised by JW's since 1970. I was baptized in 1986 at the age of 18. So I have been around what they call the TRUTH for 37 YEARs. Do you have any Idea the changes they have made. Do you have any clue about how many people were disfellowshipped back in those days for things that the witnesses think are perfectly acceptable now?? What a CROCK OF CRAP!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit